Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[D&D 5e] Battlemaster Macros, i be dumb.

I've been reading over the Macros building wiki and threads and every time my eyes glaze over and suddenly it's like trying to read Latin. I want to make Macros for precision attack, distracting strike and trip attack using the longbow I have in the first attack slot on the shaped 5e char sheet. Any help would be much appreciated. And thanks again for reading.
Are you using the old shaped sheet or the new one? If you are using the new one it should look like the images seen here&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3359533/5e-shape" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3359533/5e-shape</a>... Else it is the old one which needs a bit more work to set these macros up.
its version 3.1.4 shaped sheet. And thank you for any advice. I play on roll20 every once in a while. Leave for a while after a toxic or such group and not kept up on a lot of things

Edited 1463759633
Vanakoji
KS Backer
Ok so it seems the new sheet. The wiki helps but there is also the documentation that I tried to make as clear as possible for this sheet version&nbsp; <a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yPcIZ_bIc3JlnW" rel="nofollow">https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yPcIZ_bIc3JlnW</a>... As for battle maneuvers, I will go over the basic method to keep the more detailed cross referencing out. Stage 1: Maneuver Setup 1) Enter edit mode by clicking the pencil. 2) Add a new item to the features and traits section on the core page. 3) Enter the details of the maneuver into the fields&nbsp; Example This is what trip attack would look like. Precision can use the damage field as the d8 is added to the attack, and distracting is pretty much trip without the save and the other fields filled in. 4) You can now click this for the battle maneuver from the core page and it will output to chat. Stage 2: Linking to attacks There are a few ways to set up easy to access maneuvers, for specific weapons only, or all attacks. Either one uses the same basic principle. 5) Figure out the linking macro button. This is done in the format [Button Name](~CHARACTER_NAME|MACRO). You can link by ID or by what item number it is in the list. For example, I have a character named Asher and I want to link Trip attack by its unique ID, so it would look something like&nbsp;[Trip Attack](~Asher|repeating_trait_-KGwHkgamK6hVp8YjZ1O_trait) Now if I wanted to link it by what item number it appears in the features and traits list, lets say it's the 6th item, then the button would look like&nbsp;[Trip Attack](~Asher|repeating_trait_$5_trait) We use 5 here as the list starts counting at 0 not 1 so 0,1,2,3 etc. More on this can be found in the linked documentation about referencing repeating sections (with images to help).&nbsp; 6) Now that we have those buttons figured out, we can either add then to the freetext field on the attack, or use a different format. Lets use freetext to start. Using the example above This is what the Longbow would look like using the trip attack we entered if it was the 6th item on the list and we can see it in the freetext section. Now when we click the longbow. We get that, where you can click the trip attack text to roll the trip attack for you if you chose to use it. You can then add the other maneuvers in the same way. Stage 3: Adding to all attacks, and different formatting. If you want to auto add all the maneuvers to all attacks with one entry, try using attachers (the settings tab aka the gear tab has these) I use text_big as formatting, but text_center works as well for smaller text (this is using roll template formatting which can be found at the end of the link documentation) So lets look at my character Asher using an attacher for his 3 maneuvers that are poistion 6,7, and 8 in the list (so with subtract 1 from that since we start at 0). Using the text_big and the above button info, we put this in the freeform section of the attacks like so. Then we enable attack to this setup is added to everything in the attack section, which looks like this when an attack is rolled. Hopefully this will give some breakdown as to how you could go about setting them up. I have some additional tricks to how I have mine setup but this is my way without all those little sheet tricks.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Wow, so detailed. Make sure you put that info on the wiki too so it isn't lost. :)
I bow in your general direction kind sir. that is exactly what i wanted and not trying to read through three sets of brackets