Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Skill Macro

Edited 1464019596
  I understand. " /w GM 1d20+3" How do I use the macro the character sheet provides for a stealth check as an example but it'll roll my stealth but only to DM.  Pathfinder sheet. 

Edited 1464029120
As Ability on your character Journal "/w GM [[1d20 + @{stealth} ]] As macro /w GM [[1d20 + @{TheNameOfYourCharacterSheet|stealth} ]] If Using the Sheet directly On the sheet itself is a gear icon in the top-right corner. Under that tab there is a section called "Sheet Configuration" Under that is a drop-down option to change "PC rolls" to "Whisper GM"
Here is how I have my skills set up for the 5th edition OGL sheet. If you change the names of the skills to the proper names then it should work fine. /w @{selected|character_name} &{template:npcaction} {{rname=Skill Checks}} {{description=Select Skill Check [Acrobatics](~selected|acrobatics) [Animal Handling](~selected|animal_handling) [Arcana](~selected|animal_handling) [Athletics](~selected|athletics) [Deception](~selected|deception) [History](~selected|history) [Insight](~selected|insight) [Intimidation](~selected|intimidation) [Investigation](~selected|investigation) [Medicine](~selected|medicine) [Monster](~Macros|monster) [Nature](~selected|nature) [Perception](~selected|perception) [Performance](~selected|performance) [Persuasion](~selected|persuasion) [Religion](~selected|religion) [Sleight of Hand](~selected|sleight_of_hand) [Stealth](~selected|survival) }}

Edited 1464040040
The 5e templates aren't compatible with the Pathfinder sheet. &{template:npcaction}  has to be changed to &{template:pf_generic} {{rname=Skill Checks}} to {{name=Skill Checks}} and a few other changes are needed with the skill attributes as well.
For the entire checks macro I have set up for the 5th edition OGL I have this Macro in my settings so that it pops up for every token #Checks &{template:npcaction} {{rname=Checks}} {{description=Select type of Roll [Ability Check](~Macros|Abilities) [Death](~selected|death_save) [Saves](~Macros|Saves) [Skills](~Macros|Skills) }} Then I have a character named Macros to house the rest of the macros #Abilities /w @{selected|character_name} &{template:npcaction} {{rname=Ability Checks}} {{description=Select type of Ability Check [Strength](~selected|strength) [Dexterity](~selected|dexterity) [Constitution](~selected|constitution) [Intelligence](~selected|intelligence) [Wisdom](~selected|wisdom) [Charisma](~selected|charisma) [Beauty](~selected|beauty) }} #Saves /w @{selected|character_name} &{template:npcaction} {{rname=Saving Throw}} {{description=Select Saving Throw [Strength](~selected|strength_save) [Dexterity](~selected|dexterity_save) [Constitution](~selected|constitution_save) [Intelligence](~selected|intelligence_save) [Wisdom](~selected|wisdom_save) [Charisma](~selected|charisma_save) }} #Skills /w @{selected|character_name} &{template:npcaction} {{rname=Skill Checks}} {{description=Select Skill Check [Acrobatics](~selected|acrobatics) [Animal Handling](~selected|animal_handling) [Arcana](~selected|animal_handling) [Athletics](~selected|athletics) [Deception](~selected|deception) [History](~selected|history) [Insight](~selected|insight) [Intimidation](~selected|intimidation) [Investigation](~selected|investigation) [Medicine](~selected|medicine) [Monster](~Macros|monster) [Nature](~selected|nature) [Perception](~selected|perception) [Performance](~selected|performance) [Persuasion](~selected|persuasion) [Religion](~selected|religion) [Sleight of Hand](~selected|sleight_of_hand) [Stealth](~selected|survival) }} If you change around the names to the correct names then you can use this to make checks for any token that represents a character.
It is not compatible as written. You can change the template using the default template &{template:default}{{name=}}{{ }}... Then change the names to the proper names on your sheet. I do not know the specifics of your sheet. The (~character name|attribute name) notation for buttons only works for macros of the notation %{character name|attribute name}.
Appreciate it.  Im able to understand the jist of it.  Thanks.
Could also just do the following: /w GM %{selected|Stealth-Check}