Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro Madness - Press Once - Execute until ...

Edited 1379126443
So I have made my first macro and it did great except that I pressed it 1 time and it executed like 20 or more times.  What is going on with that? It also made noises like a swarm of suction cup nosed prairie dogs pulling their noses off a glass wall simultaneously. Also, is there a way to eliminate the goofy rolling statement prior to it showing the text and repeating itself with the actual roll results?
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
What was the body of the macro you used? Also: in the settings tab, there is a checkbox "Enable Background Chat Beep". If it's on, the game beeps when a message is sent to the chat and you don't have the chat showing.

Edited 1379127479
#Grim1 Grim uses his practiced power, Eldritch Strike! /roll 1d20+@{Grim|Con}+@{Grim|AttackEnhancement}+@{Grim|Expertise}+@{Grim|Level}/2 Thanks on the prairie dog noises - that was it! Any way to eliminate the rolling statement prior to it outputting the text and then outputting the roll results ...

Edited 1379127600
Gauss
Forum Champion
Moved to Specific Use Questions.  If #Grim1 is in the body of your macro what is the body of the macro #Grim1?  - Gauss

Edited 1379127824
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can use inline rolls instead of the /roll command; the final result of the roll will appear in a small yellow box (outlined in red if any die rolled a 1, outlined in green if any die rolled its max value, outlined in blue if a die rolled 1 and another die rolled max), and if you hover your mouse over it, all the separate die rolls and modifiers will pop up. You can even put the results in the middle of a sentence this way. [[1d20+@{Grim|Con}+@{Grim|AttackEnhancement}+@{Grim|Expertise}+@{Grim|Level}/2]]

Edited 1379128048
Gauss
Forum Champion
Brian, when series0 responded to your question regarding the body of the macro he put #Grim1 in the response (thus, in the body). If that is the case then his macro will also run the #Grim1 macro. If the #Grim1 macro is referencing itself it will run itself a number of times. - Gauss
Yes, I did figure that I was self referencing although to my mind the macro wiki example IS that way.  Copying its style as I understood it, I copied the self reference.   Very cool on the syntax help, ty!
Gauss
Forum Champion
I fixed the wiki to be clearer. - Gauss
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Gauss said: Brian, when series0 responded to your question regarding the body of the macro he put #Grim1 in the response (thus, in the body). If that is the case then his macro will also run the #Grim1 macro. If the #Grim1 macro is referencing itself it will run itself a number of times. - Gauss Saw that after reading your post, and edited out my question =P
I am getting double rolls in the chat when I use the following macro...with no self-reference,that I can see, other than the /me. /me recognizes an ally in trouble,looses a quick disruptive arrow [[1d20+13 vs AC]]

Edited 1379878519
Gauss
Forum Champion
Please post the entire macro in the format of name and body. Also, please include a screenshot of the output.  And, which server is this on (Dev or Main)? - Gauss