Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Chat Log Design mode

When I am building encounters and modules I would like to toggle the chat log into a mode where I can see the output. But once I toggle design mode OFF, the chat history is cleared and only shows content during official play..   The reason for this is I like to test my macros and such and see what it looks like in display in the chat log.  I don't like having to CLEAR the CHAT ARCHIVE to ensure the players can't see what I was doing while working on content and testing stuff...
There's a command /talktomyself that lets you spam chat all you want and it isn't saved to the chat log.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Note that the /talktomyself does not send to the API so things like powercards won't work using this method. An alternative that I use is to copy my game, add the appropriate scripts to it, and use that as my testing area. It also serves as a backup incase something happens to my main game (never has but I live in fear...)
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .