Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Exalted 3E Sheet 2.0 Update

Edited 1464232972
Griffin M.
KS Backer
We took a couple weeks off, and when we got back, there was a new sheet active for my Exalted game. So, the new sheet looks nice - and lost my player's experience records, 2/3rds of their charm lists, their intimacies, anima banner information, and probably a few things we didn't immediately notice. Is there some way to revert so that we can recover some information?

Edited 1464236732
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi, I'm the author of the update. The new sheet has a sheet worker script that should have moved all fields that were removed to their equivalent fields on the new version. I did do quite a bit of testing to make sure that was the case, and I'm particularly surprised to hear about problems with charms and intimacies, two of the parts I spent the most time on for the update script. If the update script succeeded, there should be a "version" attribute in the Attributes & Abilities tab, with a value of 2. If that attribute isn't present, the update didn't run for some reason. If the value isn't 2, then something catastrophically strange is going on with the character. (Although in either case, the script ought to attempt to run again the next time the sheet is opened.) If the update script is completely failing to run for some reason, everything that wasn't in a repeating section should simply be available on the Attributes & Abilities tab. You should also still be able to access the information from repeating sections using indexed repeating attribute syntax in chat: @{<Character Name>|repeating_<repeating section name>_$<N>_<attribute name>} For example, the fourth specialty (the first three were not in the repeating section) from the previous version of the street would be something like @{Dace|repeating_specialty_$0_repspecialty}, the fifth would be $1, etc. The repeating sections and the attributes within them were: repeating_specialty repspecialty repeating_crafts repcraftsname repcrafts repeating_merits repmerits-name repmerits repeating_weapon repweaponname repweaponcat repweaponacc repweapondam repweapondef repweaponov repweaponatt repweapontags repeating_intimacies intimacyrepeatingname intimacyrepeatingtype repeating_charms charm1name charm1cost charm1mins charm1type charm1keywords charm1dur charm1prereqs charm1effect charm2name charm2cost charm2mins charm2type charm2keywords charm2dur charm2prereqs charm2effect charm3name charm3cost charm3mins charm3type charm3keywords charm3dur charm3prereqs charm3effect repeating_spells repspell-name repspell-circle repspell-cost repspell-keywords repspell-dur repspell-effect repspell2-name repspell2-circle repspell2-cost repspell2-keywords repspell2-dur repspell2-effect repspell3-name repspell3-circle repspell3-cost repspell3-keywords repspell3-dur repspell3-effect Note that the Flaws, Gear, and XP sections of the previous version of the sheet were supposed  to have repeating sections, but did not due to bugs in the sheet's code. Also: if the version attribute isn't present, I would appreciate a copy of the console output, as it should give me some indication of why the script isn't completing. The  Solving Technical Issues page of the wiki has instructions for finding the console. If the version attribute is  present and you've still lost data, well... I'm honestly flabbergasted as to how that could have happened. I have quite literally created half a dozen characters and flipped them back and forth between sheet versions to see the effects of the update script, and the information shouldn't be lost like what you're describing.
I send you a couple of PMs.  I'm overwhelmed and terrified by the console output. Thanks for looking into this!  Hopefully there's a magic button that you can press. I'm in so far over my head the fish have little glowing lights to lure prey.
There is an issue, where opening and closing the sheet causes the top-most Charm to delete.  If you keep doing this, it eventually cycles through all the charms, removing them all.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Aranni, please check for me whether the version attribute is present on your Attributes & Abilities page. Also, was the character in question created with the previous version of the sheet, or was it created after April 27?
Looks like any sheet that was converted, due to the sheet change, has no version attribute. While use of character sheets is limited in my current game, all of the characters ended up being created before the release of this sheet, and thus, all of them would suffer problems due to the conversion.
Brian said: Aranni, please check for me whether the version attribute is present on your Attributes & Abilities page. Also, was the character in question created with the previous version of the sheet, or was it created after April 27? There is no Version attribute in that tab, in addition, the sheet was created on May 29, 2016, so it's a brand newly made character sheet, not a converted one.  Also, the game the sheet was made in was created May 27, 2016.

Edited 1464667820
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Aranni said: There is an issue, where opening and closing the sheet causes the top-most Charm to delete.  If you keep doing this, it eventually cycles through all the charms, removing them all. Aranni, it seems that the information is not actually being lost, simply hidden each time you close and reopen the sheet. If I reload the page, the information is being restored (and hidden again from closing/reopening the sheet). I have a fix for this problem I am seeing, but could you confirm that it's the same thing happening to you? In other words, if you close/reopen the sheet a few times to lose a few charms then reload the page, the missing charms are restored (possibly excluding the first)? Edit:  PR #1671 should fix the problems I was able to find with y'all's bug reports.
Brian said: Aranni said: There is an issue, where opening and closing the sheet causes the top-most Charm to delete.  If you keep doing this, it eventually cycles through all the charms, removing them all. Aranni, it seems that the information is not actually being lost, simply hidden each time you close and reopen the sheet. If I reload the page, the information is being restored (and hidden again from closing/reopening the sheet). I have a fix for this problem I am seeing, but could you confirm that it's the same thing happening to you? In other words, if you close/reopen the sheet a few times to lose a few charms then reload the page, the missing charms are restored (possibly excluding the first)? Edit:  PR #1671 should fix the problems I was able to find with y'all's bug reports. Reloading seems to have restored the information, and the Charms start to slowly get removed again afterwards, after opening and closing the sheet.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Aranni said: Brian said: Aranni said: There is an issue, where opening and closing the sheet causes the top-most Charm to delete.  If you keep doing this, it eventually cycles through all the charms, removing them all. Aranni, it seems that the information is not actually being lost, simply hidden each time you close and reopen the sheet. If I reload the page, the information is being restored (and hidden again from closing/reopening the sheet). I have a fix for this problem I am seeing, but could you confirm that it's the same thing happening to you? In other words, if you close/reopen the sheet a few times to lose a few charms then reload the page, the missing charms are restored (possibly excluding the first)? Edit:  PR #1671 should fix the problems I was able to find with y'all's bug reports. Reloading seems to have restored the information, and the Charms start to slowly get removed again afterwards, after opening and closing the sheet. Okay, that's the bug I managed to reproduce. PR #1671 should fix that.
For extra fun, it appears that newly created characters lack a Version attribute in the Attributes and Abilities tab.  Is that going to come back to bite us during the character rebuild process?
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Griffin M. said: For extra fun, it appears that newly created characters lack a Version attribute in the Attributes and Abilities tab.  Is that going to come back to bite us during the character rebuild process? No. One of the changes to the upgrade script was to also check for the presence of the 'exalt-type' attribute, which only exists on the previous version. (Since you can't, for example, be a Solar Fire Aspect.)