Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

There is no peace amongst the stars, only weird penalties, and the laughter of the thirsting gods. 40k Venting.

I swear every DH game I get in on has weird arbitrary penalties tacked on to even the most routine tests. Wanna open a door roll your 35 Strength at a -20 penalty. Oh my you have a 15% chance to open a door and failed?! What a surprise. Won't some of these GMs actually read the rules. Argh.  EDIT: The rules clearly state that you should only call for a test when the results could have dramatic consequences. Not for every single action.  EDIT2: And before you suggest that I run DH instead I'm already running it IRL and am only on roll20 to get to play for once. 
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You've seriously had a GM put a -20 penalty on forcing a door open? O.o Why? I mean, the player characters in DH are supposed to suck, but not that much.
Maybe it was a really  heavy door or it was jammed/stuck.
bad dm.