Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFGMs] for exploration & kingdom building FFG Star Wars campaign {Beta2}

Hey all, This is a game resembling the Ultimate Campaign for Pathfinder, but set in the Star Wars universe. A prototype Hyperdrive and Ship were built with the intent of traveling beyond the known galaxy, but now you're all trapped there with no way to return! That is the basis for this game, and it is simple, but perfect for what I'm trying to do here. It is a game meant for more than a simple 4-5 person group. It is a semi-persistent world style where the game is always taking place. There are no set days we run the game, but there will be a set schedule for certain things to happen. GMs just hop on as they can and help move things along. Most of the play will be via the forum, but the VTT will be used to roll, sit around and role play if players want, just chat, and ask for help if someone is there to answer. I am calling this Beta2 because I worked out some difficulties by playing in a Pathfinder Ultimate Campaign similar to this for a few months, which not only gave me the idea for doing this, but also helped me realize some things that can/should be changed and ideas of what to change them to. I've got a bit of work to do to get this ready to go, and I was going to eventually need to bring other people in to get it running timely and smoothly. I figured, why the heck not bring some people in early to help get some things set-up. I've been quite busy lately --  though may have just sorted that -- and found myself not wanting to sit down and work during my free time (I spend it all playing FFG Star Wars and Civilization. Now why I'm doing this probably makes complete sense to everyone.) Okay, that said, the books provide most of the rules we need. I've done a fair bit of the setup already. I have one buddy helping me write some story elements for a faction in the game, as well as to help me come up with ideas. The duties of GMs in this game -- who, by the way, can also be players as long as they never run any content their character is playing -- will mostly be: Help players be on the campaign pages they need to be on Run encounters & NPCs Help come up with ideas of missions Talk with other GMs about how to guide the story Put together necessary hand-outs and such Keep people from being dirty cheaters I have a  ***WIKI*** I've been putting together for this slowly, so GMs are especially welcome to help flesh it out as we go. Of course, it's a wiki, so players can too! Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this, thanks more to anyone who heeds the call, and those interested in playing, I will be inviting you to the Beta2 in short order! The game just needs to hit a few more milestones to be ready for that! -Mike

Edited 1464470654
I would love to get in on this as a player! I have all the sources books (AoR, EotE, FaD) and have been waiting for an opportunity to dive in and learn the system. Once I get some experience though I certainly wouldn't mind stepping up as a sort of assistant GM to help with things like handout creation, setting up encounter maps, and some general book keeping and such.
Great. I will keep your name here then for when we get the beta ready to accept players!