Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Linking attributes between characters

I would like to be able to set up a druid character, D&D 3.5, with animal forms that are set-up and ready to go. If I can link an attributes from my main character to another character "wolf", then I can just put out the wolf form and keep on playing. This question may have already been answered in a different thread; however after 3 hours of reading I am giving-up and putting out this post. Thank you for any and all information.
There are two easy ways to do this, probably more. One, simply make a new token and set it up as a non-mook:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journals" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journals</a> The token would have the appearance of a wolf, but all its attributes would be from the same character sheet as the druid. You'll simply replace the one token with the other, when switching form. Token abilities, hit points, saving throws etc. would be identical for both. Another possibility is to use&nbsp; Rollable Tables for your token. This would allow you to do essentially the same as above, only with a larger variety of forms. Simply create the table, use it to create a base token, then link that to the journal sheet. I hope this solves your problem; there are likely many more solutions, depending on how much effort you want to put into this project (API scripts, etc.) -Phnord, Who Had to GM a Druid Once PS: On re-reading, I realize you might be trying to do this from a player's perspective in someone else's game. Both the above solutions will require your GMs cooperation.
To add to Phnord's idea of rollable table;&nbsp;&nbsp; I use this method for a couple games as a player(Plus sub) by spinning up my "Workspace" Campaign,&nbsp; create my character journal, setup the rollable table with tokens for each shape, and Import the finished product into the actual campaign they'll be playing in.&nbsp; ( This also works amazingly well for Summon Monster spells with each monster having a token and all the various creature's attacks and defenses setup as drop-down token actions) The only thing the GM has to do then is edit the permissions of the token to let you control it.&nbsp; All the rollable token and sheet setup will be already done. Unfortunately, this does only apply if you have a PLUS subscription and character importing is turned on in the campaign settings.
My question does involve me being a player; however I was trying to set it up initially as a dm, so I could help guide the dm running the game. I think for his game I'll ask him to enable multiple character journals and before playing having him enable the animal form tokens to me, so I can apply it to the appropriate journals. &nbsp;-- That will probably the easiest, for my situation. A table would be an easier fit if I was dming. &nbsp;I am also trying to learn what I can with free access first then I plan to get into higher access. Both good answers, I was just hoping I was missing an easier fix. Thank you: Phnord Prephect, and Mark G.