Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Rise of the Runelords, Thursdays at 7:30pm EST

Edited 1465994894
Hello friends, my group has been playing Pathfinder for nearly a year now and we unfortunately just had a player need to step out due to work-related difficulties.&nbsp; We are running the Rise of the Runelords (Anniversary Edition) adventure path and are 1 session in, so you wouldn't be missing much. No prior experience in the Pathfinder RPG system is required (we are more than happy to help teach, but you will be expected to learn as time goes by) and, while not necessarily required, prior roleplaying experience is preferred. The party currently consists of: Frontliner/Tank Bloodrager Melee DD Kineticist Ranged DD/Support Warpriest Buffer/Healer Cleric Suggested roles to fill: Arcane, Debuffer, Controller, Knowledges (Note that these are just suggestions and are not required for a successful application, but may be considered in final decision-making) It should be noted that, if you have played Rise of the Runelords before, it may be wise to consider whether or not you want to play through the adventure again.&nbsp; Regardless, spoiling the story for the others or attempting to metagame will be frowned upon. Requirements: Availability Thursday nights (7:30pm EST - 11:30pm EST) on a regular basis (life happens and missing a session here and there is fine, just not all the time) Mic, speakers, and the ability to download/use Discord ( <a href="http://www.discordapp.com" rel="nofollow">www.discordapp.com</a> ) for voice communications.&nbsp; We don't play in text chat since voice allows for a lot more interaction between players. A short character concept.&nbsp; Not looking for a fully fleshed-out backstory here, just need a proof of concept...physical description, interesting points about him/her, combat capabilities, etc. Willingness to be a team player and enjoy team dynamics and roleplaying more than "being the best". I will be looking for applications until Wednesday evening, June 15 so there is time to finish the building of the character before the game on Thursday night.&nbsp; If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reply here or PM me.&nbsp; I'll do my best to answer them as quickly as possible.
I'm interested in joining up. I started RotRL a year or two ago with another group, we made it about three or four sessions in before it fell apart, so I know a little bit about the beginning, but thats all. It doesn't fit with your needed roles, but i've been looking at playing a pretty simple sellsword/mercenary style fighter, using some of the abilities out of the Weaponmasters Handbook when the time comes. Also was thinking about an unchained Rogue, which might fit a bit better, but I don't have the concept as fully fleshed out. Either way, i'll toss them both here: Fighter - Simple fighter, specializing in the use of the longsword. A tall, lean man who wanders the land, selling his sword to fuel his desire to adventure. His biggest interests in life are having fun, and making good stories to tell in the tavern. He'll be a somewhat basic fighter, using a longsword plus some combat manuevers and maybe teamwork feats if someone else wants to join in the fun. Unchained Rogue - A treasure hunter by nature, this rogues knowledge base covers all the necessary skills and abilities to explore ancient ruins and repossess a few expensive trinkets on the way out. He acts, of course, as a scout, flanking buddy, and trap disarmer. Most of his design will be around utility, so his combat performance might suffer a bit, but he'll still be able to help out with a couple debilitating strikes and sneak attacks when it comes down to it.

Edited 1465702655
Thanks for your reply Bernard!&nbsp; The ideas are certainly interesting and would work with just about any party, so no worries there. I'll be in touch if I have any further questions regarding your builds.&nbsp; I'll be continuing to look at applications up until closer to Wednesday, but I have definitely taken your ideas into consideration! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me so we can work them out.
Greetings! I am interested in learning Pathfinder, but I have no idea where to start. Especially when it comes to character generation.

Edited 1465733931
Thanks for your reply Anton and I'm really happy to see new people interested in joining the Pathfinder community! I wouldn't be too worried about "knowing where to start" if you aren't familiar with Pathfinder already.&nbsp; Do you have any other roleplaying game experience?&nbsp; If so you should approach pathfinder with the same attitude.&nbsp; Regardless, you should create a concept before you start building a character.&nbsp; This means doing something similar to what Bernard has done above and making a simple concept of what the character would be capable of as well as their personality (how they interact with the world around them). Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, but please feel free to submit a character concept for consideration whenever you like!

Edited 1465777930
LAZ
Pro
You have no idea how mad I am that this is on the only night a week I do not have free...I have an Investigator that would be perfect for this...anyways, good luck!&nbsp;
That is a shame, an Investigator would have been neat (I have secretly been wanting to build/play one for a long time now).&nbsp; Sorry you aren't available though.
Hello, I am interested in joining though I have never played Pathfinder in any way. I have some experience with D&D 5e about a years worth so not new to the RPG world. Also I just recently picked up the Pathfinder PHB and have been reading through it plus a bunch of pdfs from a Piazio charity drive.&nbsp; As far as a character the only idea I have been rolling around is a ranger, he prefers the solitude of nature over the busy streets of a city. Kind of rough around the edges and a little odd in social situations seeing he is used to being alone, but is willing to help others in times of need. Has almost a dirty unkept look about him but its more of his natural camouflage then dirt when in nature he can blend into his surroundings.&nbsp; I wouldnt be apposed to trying a caster of some sort out but may need some help in the creation for it would be the first time playing one.
Thanks for the reply Kyle!&nbsp; I'm glad to hear you are interested in picking up Pathfinder and I'll definitely put your concept in for consideration.&nbsp; If you have any questions or concerns, please PM me!
I think this would be interesting to join in. I've played Pathfinder for about a year now since playing Roll20 and I am just an average player at it, I'm not experience in some areas of it but I know enough to get by, just suspect for questions or something like that because of it. I've never played Rise of the Runelords so this would be interesting to play. I've also played in some homebrew style campaigns, been in a One Piece Table top campaign, and a Gurps session. I have a character in mind that I want to play for a campaign, but never got to due to the time change for the campaign. NG Male Human, Ziroe/Lying Name Fyorae (Fee-Or-Ae), His Class is a Multiclassing of an Alchemist and a Fighter. He's basically a Charming looking Man, though looks to be more Youngish Adult to Teenager look, Medium dark brown hair, Green Eyes, has average skin color, and stands about 5'10. Looks rather fit and strong, but is mostly just average looking in general. His Interest involves crafting, most he known for his craftsmen work in alchemy and a blacksmith in weapons and armor. However, he does have a hobby for building and tinkering contraptions, making him liking to identifying himself as a Engineer (Aka uses Craft:Mechanical). He's Bisexual and also the reason why he doesn't have a last name is because he's an orphan. His fighting style is mostly balance with him leaning a bit into favoring a melee battle. He uses a Greatsword, a favored sword of his, and a Gladius, which for emergencies if he needs to use this, for melee combat but also has a Dagger and Slings, he doesn't have a preference on which he would often use but will consider the Sling as a emergency weapon if he ran out of daggers, as range weapons. Now hear me out on the Craft:Mechanical thing for him. I imagine him to be similar to an inventor, but not to where he would build futuristic tools like a laser guns or cybernetic armor. I think in more of terms of average to somewhere it seems possible enough to be made that hasn't been made by others yet in that timeline, like a castle drawbridge or a first model of a wheel chair, something in that range of area. I won't take a technological feat that are far beyond to where future stuff happens, but at least something to where he is building the basic of things, that to where it seems at least reasonable enough that looks a bit like of starting advancements of something of that timeline. If this isn't allowed, then the closes case I can get would be his Profession is an Engineer or have Knowledge in Engineering. If it is possible for my character to have this type of skill or may think it would be interesting but would like to talk about it, I wouldn't mind talking about it really to make it easier for you. I apologies if this is lengthy as it should be but I have a tenancy to say a lot than summarize. I will like to note that I'm still in Highschool and it nearing the end to where summer can start. Because of that finals are coming up, so for the Thursday game this week coming up it possible I might not be there because of a finals coming this Friday. If I can I'll try to be there, but yeah. Besides this week, I'm mostly free anytime of the day until around 12 Pm EST for me.
Thank you for your concept Nadia! I have added it to those under consideration!&nbsp; I'll be in touch if I have any questions.&nbsp; Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns.
PMed&nbsp;
Hello to everybody!&nbsp; Thank you so much for your replies and concepts.&nbsp; I was not expecting to get as many as I did and they were all great so I had a hard time picking just one. However, I have made my decision on who will fill the spot so I am closing this thread.&nbsp; Please take a look at your PM inbox as I am attempting to PM each individual who sent in a concept.&nbsp; I hope that each and every one of you find a game to your liking in the near future.&nbsp; If something changes and the player doesn't end up working out I'll be in contact! Thanks again to all of you.