Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Lost Position for images/tokens

First, I think this is related to my post here: <a href="http://community.roll20.net/discussion/3346/cant-delete-oversized-item-#Item_12" rel="nofollow">http://community.roll20.net/discussion/3346/cant-delete-oversized-item-#Item_12</a> I think the preset for the grid/layers in the top left corner are jaunting images outside of the grid where they are unobtainable...more specifically larger/oversized images. I put a large photo in by mistake the other night, and the image is saved in the memory, making it the icon for the map on the tabs, but its nowhere to be found. I think the dead space around the visual area needs its limitations refined so objects outside of view are pushed back into the grid/visible area each time the map gets loaded. It may be more beneficial to DMs if this only happened if the center point of a token is outside the visible area...
I think the preset for the grid/layers in the top left corner are jaunting images outside of the grid where they are unobtainable...more specifically larger/oversized images Can you explain what you mean by this? I'm not sure I understand what exactly is happening.
If you scale up an image too big, the bounding box around the outside is pushed out of the map and out to a position where you can't select it.
I think the preset for the grid/layers in the top left corner are jaunting images outside of the grid where they are unobtainable...more specifically larger/oversized images Can you explain what you mean by this? I'm not sure I understand what exactly is happening. Jonathan covered it if the "bounding box" encloses the visible area on the window to the table top area. Ill call the area outside the visible area/bounding box: "Dead Space"....like if yew move an image out of the visible area partly, that part outside is in the dead space. This doesnt effect any areas outside the map to the right side or bottom of the bound box, because the map scale can be set to reveal those areas...where I have found tokens that I thought didnt load before were just covered by the visual preset 25x25 bound box. However I am starting to assume EVERYTHING lost to the left or top of the bounding box is just floating there in the dead space.