Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] [Pathfinder] Adventure Path - Iron Gods

Edited 1467423572
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, dear Mutants, Normally i would list this here just as any game. But my experiences with the listing system has been mixed to put it mildely, both as player and as GM. To cut to the chase. I want to lay out what i plan, offer and expect very clearly, so there won't be any misunderstandings. So let's get crackin' I plan a weekly or bi-weekly campaign (Iron Gods - as per title) that takes you from zero to hero. European evening. fridays 6PM GMT 3-4+ hours per game. These are the time constraints i have to live with. I offer pretty crisp maps, dynamic lighting, macro mods, custom tokens for the players and a carefully selected soundtrack. My own teamspeak server. Voice only, no cam. no text only. no exceptions. I expect communicative players, who are not afraid to pipe up if anything rubs them the wrong way. I do not want them to just quit, when there are expectations not met, they feel insulted or not treated fairly, either by me or any of the other players. Remember, the group is putting forth a lot of effort to get the game going. The least possible thing is, to at least try to mend things, if you feel things do not go as expected. Players dropping out is a constant horror for me on Roll20. Most just do not even say a beep and just poof. Often they leave gaps in the party that are hard to fill afterwards, both from the viewpoint of the story and the gameplay. It's poision for any campaign. That brings me to the topic of my style as a GM. I see myself in the loosest sense as a storyteller. If there is combat, i put pressure on your guys, you will,to a degree, feel the stress of your characters to make quick decisions. On the other hand i also have a pretty good empathy and sense when players need room for themselves to roleplay something out that might be on the mind of their character. I would not say that I'm a particularly good voice actor, but i prefer the style of speaking as the character i display at any given time, going even so far as to give re-occuring NPCs certain voice-tones so players can recognize them. I prefer players who do it likewise, but i accept that not everyone is initially as selfconfident as some would wish they'd be. But i know that when you have like 1-2 active voices in the game, that after 3-5 sessions, everyone gets dragged along (and have a lot of fun, while doing so). So if you expect people to instantly warm up and drop the ice and go full throttle, voice acting, keep that in the back of your head. Additionally i like to add, that i welcome new players, who have zero experience in pathfinder, roll20 or else. As long as they know what they sign up for (a long running campaign, not a oneshot). I also like to carve out that i do not have any preference in male or female players, i will treat you all equally. (ie. I try to kill your characters every week, but eventually miserably fail and plot a new attempt for the followup week. ;-) ) That being said, i do roleplaying games since roughly 20 years now, i was most of the time GM and GMed games like Traveller, World of Darkness, ADnD, Fate, Pathfinder of course and a whole lot more. The list is long. I'm also an avid LARP player. Mostly fantasy and pirate larp. But i also had a Vampire domain under my reign of terr... i mean my faithful guiding hand as a GM. Hurp. Like most roleplayers i have a rather cranky sense of humor that is very... dry... and german (yes we germans do have humor afterall. But only when you change the oil monthly so our engines run smoothly). So if you read thus far, have the time, share my opinion or liked what you saw thus far, let's get to the meat filling, shall we? Iron Gods. Fantasy meets SciFi. Blasters and magic wands! Greatswords and Plasma-Lances! Androids, robots, aliens, elves - gods made out circutry. Sounds cranky right? That is only the tip of the ice berg. Your characters are traveling to or are natives of Numeria. The country that got struck by the rain of stars millenia ago, that scarred the land and left heaps of star metal scattered all over the place. Dark technology from another world, still active after all these years. Scavangers traveling the lands, Barbarian tribes ruling the countryside. The sinister Technic League trying to control everything. But there are worse things waiting for our fellow adventurers. The Iron Gods have awoken... Let's get down to the numbers. Starting Level is 1 1st level HP full. Ability scores will get rolled in the game. (normally people prefer rolls, but if you insist on purchase, that can be arranged - your loss :P ) Races: Core and featured with RP of 13 and below. No custom races. Classes: Core and Base Classes. No Hybrid classes. Traits: 2 regular traits, 1 campaign trait, no drawbacks. Starting gold: class money - roll or average. No magical or technological items at start. No evil alignment. Fleshed out background, that at least contains the characters past (childhood, youth, edjucation, relatives), current appearence and possible quirks or behaviors that stand out. And of course matches the character sheet. Campaign will be go if there are at least 4 players. 6 players are max. How we roll ability scores: You roll 4d6, 6 times and drop the lowest number of those 4 each time. If you have 2 or more results of 9 or below you can re-roll the entire batch. If necessary, as often as it must be.  So with all this out of the way (sorry, not sorry for the wall of text - and nope - no TLDR). If you have questions, post them below. If you are interested to play with me, drop me a PM. I'll get back to you (100%) and invite you to my teamspeak or skype, where we will have a little talk, checking out if we actually match up or not. After that we would have an idea what you want and can play and when accepted you get invited to the game and can go forth creating and flashing out the character. If necessary i'm happy to offer my assistance in that then. Sounds good? I'd love to hear from you! Edit: The full complement for this campaign is reached. Every other application would go on a waiting list, that is already 5 players long.
Hey there, If I did the time zone conversion correctly, 8 pm Friday night in GMT, is 1 pm Friday afternoon here in California.  That would work great for me. I have only played one AP to completion, that was Kingmaker.  We went from level 1 to level 16 and it was a blast.  I am currently in Rise of the Runelords, at level 4 currently, on Saturday nights, and it is pretty fun as well.  I am very impressed with Paizo's APs and would love to try Iron Gods. I am pretty flexible on what classes I like, but prefer arcane if possible.  About me, I have been playing for years, last 10 years mostly 3.5 and pathfinder, tried 4th ed., but didn't like it.  Won't try 5th ed. until WotC comes out and apologizes for killing Living Greyhawk in favor of 4th ed. :) Anyways, I have skype and can do voice or text.  Only really speak English though, if that is a problem.  I used to know Korean and French, but haven't used them in over 25 years, so forgotten for the most part. Dan
Hey Daniel! I was actually planning with an english speaking campaign. If i would have wanted it  in german, i would have written it in german, i presume. That being said. I do not care from where on the world you're coming from, as long as you can make it. :D I have people from all over the planet in other campaigns. Often odd shift workers, that get their RPG fix that way! Anyways, if you're still interested, just drop me a PM, and i get you my Skype ID or TS access and we can have a chit-chat! :)
hey man, im interested.
This sounds interesting, I never had done Iron Gods and the time fits perfectly within my schedule.
I send a PM your way - being very intrested :) 
Sent you a private message, I am very interested.
This fits my schedule pretty well, sent you a pm as I'm interested in joining you
The full complement for this campaign is reached. Every other application would go on a waiting list, that is already 5 players long.