Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Objects Move When Selected

Sometimes (but not always) when I select multiple object, one or more of them will suddenly move. This happens only when I select multiple objects; I have observed it using shift+click and Ctrl+A. Usually when it happens, the last object I have selected will move down and to the right, but when I did a Ctrl+A on my light layer the whole lot moved up and left. It's as if the click is triggering the move. If I notice it, I can undo the move with Ctrl+Z, and selecting the objects again does not always repeat the move. So far I have not seen this happen with a drag select. I have seen it both in standard and in Hangout mode. Windows 7 Professional Chrome v23.0.1271.95
Wonder if this is the tokens snapping to grid?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Possibly Cycotix, I have had a similar experience and it seemed to me to be snapping to grid. - Gauss
yeah, it usually happens when my pcs are on a horse/wagon...just continue to hold alt while they get moved and yew should be ok to move them without a grid snap.... on that note, i wish i could spin/turn multiple tokens at a time...or like i read someones suggestion: merge 2 tokens to be like 1...then again, photoshop works.
I can see that for tokens, but am I correct in thinking that snap to grid does not apply to drawings? Also, it seems odd that they would snap to a position 10-20 grid spaces away, but I suppose that could be the underlying issue.
Yeah, snap to grid does not apply to drawings, but they also have the bug where they jump down and right when selected sometimes.
Yep, that's the one; I don't remember if I've seen a token do this, but I know it happens with drawings. Is it a known issue? Oh, and when I selected my entire light layer, it actually moved up and left.
I finally identified part of the issue. I have been able to repeat this on arbitrary pairs of tokens and on every layer. 1. Select a token. 2. Hold down shift and click (but do not release) on another token. 3. Move the mouse, keeping the shift and mouse button down. This happens even with a small mouse movement, such as you might get accidentally when clicking something. I can't imagine why, but as soon as the mouse moves at all, the second token jumps by several hexes, sometimes to a position outside the map boundaries. It then continues to move with the cursor, as if it were being dragged. It seems like this could be fixed by adding a trap in the drag code to check for the shift key.
I have the same problem. Makes selecting multiple objects almost unworkable for me.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Thank you LM. I will file a bug report. Forge42: If you select multiple objects using the 'drag' method this problem does not seem to occur. - Gauss