Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] 5.0.4+ Spell Translations

Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet This is the redesigned Shaped character sheet for use on Roll20.net with the 5th edition of Dungeons & Dragons (5e). The sheet is designed to be usable by all Roll20 users regardless of subscription level. If you are updating an existing campaign I highly recommend you duplicate your campaign and use that to copy data over. I also recommend starting each character from a fresh sheet. Shaped Character Sheet Companion Script Documentation Please report any bugs in the issues tab or on this thread. They will however be tracked on the issues tab Features High performance sheet without the lag of old versions (100% sheet workers) Improved styling to match the 5e paper sheet with nearly all elements clickable to output to chat Compendium Integration for NPCs, Armor, Equipment, Spells, Weapons NPC actions and traits are parsed and clickable. Customizable skills with the option to change the ability on the fly Translations (English and French so far) Auto populated Class Features which include things like Lay on Hands or Sneak Attack Spells with filtering and the option to cast at a higher level Customizable Classes - Change Name, HD, or spellcasting level of the classes Armor - Covers normal armor as well as unarmored ability cases like monk, barbarian, etc. Equipment with gold and weight automatically calculated. Equipment Items are clickable from the core page for items like Potion of Healing Attachers can be used to remind yourself to add to saving throws while within 10 feet of your paladin Extra features: Jack of all trades, halfling luck, vision, movement, appearance. Settings for how to output all rolls, death saves, initiative, etc Roll settings to choose to always roll with advantage, disadvantage, or query for both Optional bonuses to all skills, abilities, saving throws, etc. How to Update the sheet yourself (as Pro): Copy the html from github In Roll20 go to campaign settings and choose a custom character sheet. Choose D&D 5e as the SRD In the HTML tab paste the HTML code Copy the css from github On Roll20 in the CSS tab paste the CSS code. Copy the translation from the appropriate file github (en is English, fr is French, de is German, it is Italian, etc) On Roll20 in the Translation tab paste the JSON from the appropriate file. Hit save. Contribute Since many have asked for it: If you appreciate what I do and want to compensate me for the countless hours that I have spent building this character sheet feel free to support me on Patreon or Paypal ( <a href="mailto:mlenser@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">mlenser@gmail.com</a> ). Thanks so much for your support. This Patreon campaign is not affiliated with Roll20; as such, contributions are voluntary and Roll20 cannot provide support or refunds for contributions.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
5.0.3 (2016-06-27) Bug Fixes DC fixed for spells, attacks, actions, etc SAVE translation was missing 5.0.4 (2016-06-28) Bug Fixes Higher level fixed Spell level on import fixed Default ability is now used again Attack is now toggled for spells Ammo fixed for new weapons.
Updating from 4.6.3: Character with 0 dexterity modifier has a blank initiative box, the roll works as expected, but the display is wrong. &nbsp;If increase dexterity, the +1 will appear correctly in initiative, but if you drop it back to 0, the 1 will remain displayed there. &nbsp;Roll always seems to work properly though, so seems like it is purely a display issue.

Edited 1467203949
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Huh, the sheet is sending all the correct info. I send: {initiative: 0, initiative_formula: "0[dex]"} I wonder if roll20 changed how their "setAttrs" function works. It seems to not be accepting a 0 now. I'll send them a bug report to ask. EDIT: on further investigation it looks like 0 is actually set for initiative, but not shown. I've sent Roll20 a bug report: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3595605/an-attri" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3595605/an-attri</a>...
Updating from 4.6.3: All spells have the "Attack" checkbox automatically checked after the upgrade regardless of whether or not the spell has an attack associated with it.

Edited 1467206220
Kevin said: Updating from 4.6.3: All spells have the "Attack" checkbox automatically checked after the upgrade regardless of whether or not the spell has an attack associated with it. Can confirm, this happened in our game last night. For some reason many of my character's melee attacks were missing the STR selection modifier for the attack (not damage). These were on things like a greataxe and a javelin which are not finesse weapons. These were well established attacks in the sheet, had their own names and a few customizations to them. I had to go and reselect STR for all those attacks. Not a big deal but wanted others to be aware to check things. Interestingly, the other players did not have similar issues. Edited to say that I went and created a new character with v 5.0.4 and added a greataxe. It does not select STR for attack but does select it for the damage. H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kevin said: All spells have the "Attack" checkbox automatically checked after the upgrade regardless of whether or not the spell has an attack associated with it. Indeed, will fix this HLazar said: For some reason many of my character's melee attacks were missing the STR selection modifier for the attack (not damage). These were on things like a greataxe and a javelin which are not finesse weapons. These were well established attacks in the sheet, had their own names and a few customizations to them. I had to go and reselect STR for all those attacks. Not a big deal but wanted others to be aware to check things. Interestingly, the other players did not have similar issues. Defaults were removed a bit ago. The sheet was supposed to convert (and did in many cases it seems), but somehow missed some. It was based on the weapon type and some other things. I'm not sure what would have gone wrong - I'd have to look at the character before it was fixed. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Kryx said: Defaults were removed a bit ago. The sheet was supposed to convert (and did in many cases it seems), but somehow missed some. It was based on the weapon type and some other things. I'm not sure what would have gone wrong - I'd have to look at the character before it was fixed. I apologize for the inconvenience. No problem. Just letting you and others know. I am seeing that it is not selecting it for melee weapons, i.e. STR based attacks. I see finesse and DEX being selected for other weapons. Hope this helps H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
HLazar said: No problem. Just letting you and others know. I am seeing that it is not selecting it for melee weapons, i.e. STR based attacks. I see finesse and DEX being selected for other weapons. It's a bit of a "cat's out of the bag" situation. I can't release for a week so by the time I create any fix it's already been solved by users themselves.
Kryx said: It's a bit of a "cat's out of the bag" situation. I can't release for a week so by the time I create any fix it's already been solved by users themselves. Sure but new characters and NPCs are being created all the time. Your fix will help those from then on into the future. Your continued work on addressing issues is greatly appreciated. H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
HLazar said: Sure but new characters and NPCs are being created all the time. Your fix will help those from then on into the future. The new character situation should work. Unless it doesn't? As far as I'm aware we're just discussing conversions not working.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kevin, The spells all toggled attack has been fixed locally - I'll push a version later tonight. For now you'll have to untoggle attack for all spells dropped from the SRD (and potentially the script). There is also an issue with spells that have concentration not getting their duration set properly. I've fixed that as well. Again, users will have to manually fix that for now.

Edited 1467208382
Kryx said: HLazar said: Sure but new characters and NPCs are being created all the time. Your fix will help those from then on into the future. The new character situation should work. Unless it doesn't? As far as I'm aware we're just discussing conversions not working. That is a no. Created a new character on v5.0.4 and added a greataxe. Attack does not automatically include STR. This also occurs when adding a melee/str weapon from the compendium to an already created character. H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
HLazar said: That is a no. Created a new character on v5.0.4 and added a greataxe. Attack does not automatically include STR. This also occurs when adding a melee/str weapon from the compendium to an already created character. Ah, I see what you mean. I'll ensure Strength gets on the attack as well.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Got that fixed. Greatsword and Longbow are dragging from the SRD as I'd expect.
Kryx said: Got that fixed. Greatsword and Longbow are dragging from the SRD as I'd expect. Swift and precise as usual. Thanks. H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
HLazar said: Swift and precise as usual. Thanks. If only I could find them before it goes live. Sad day. Thanks for testing, Heather!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
5.0.5 (2016-06-29) Bug Fixes Spells no longer always have attack toggled Fixed spell druation import from SRD with concentration Melee weapons drag from SRD with strength added to their attack
Haven't updated to 5.0.5 yet, but I suspect it's still a problem: When selecting the Cantrips spell filter, nothing appears even if cantrips exist on the spell tab.

Edited 1467215486
With 5.0.5, Cantrips appear to have a translation issue, note the red [0] on the roll template:

Edited 1467215609
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Looks like the script doesn't handle that correctly. The SRD version does. Same issue with the filtering. It works for me with SRD spells.
Something is strange with this behavior. &nbsp;Any spell imported prior to 5.0.X (not sure the exact version where this would have appeared) seems to have this issue. &nbsp;But using the SRD or import script after 5.0.5 seems to not have the same issue... seeing if I can figure out what the problem is a bit more.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Spells imported before 5 should have been converted. I'll check.

Edited 1467217974
The filtering issue seems to deal with cantrips (only it seems) that were imported (by any means) prior to 5.0.x upgrade. &nbsp;If you manually toggle cantrip to 1st level and then back, the filtering seems to work fine. Also the issue with the red translation text disappears as well. However, suspecting that the issue may be associated with manually adding spells, I attempted to add a spell by manually typing it and ran into a strange issue. &nbsp;If the damage is checked, no matter what you put into the field it will fail with the generic syntax error message: SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but end of input found. Here is a simple example on a new character:
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The issue is not the filtering, but the spells not being converted properly. They aren't being labeled as cantrips as expected. I'll check your manual case.

Edited 1467218764
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
5.0.6 (2016-06-29) Bug Fixes Force spell level to cantrip if it failed to upgrade before and is 0 or undefined. Fix "indexOf" issue causing the manual entry above. It happens if you have no duration set.

Edited 1467231716
Matt
Pro
Looks like there's a bug on the config (gear) tab of the character sheet. I've included a bonus of 1 on both "Attack" and "Saving DC" under "Spellcasting," but only the attack bonus is appearing on my spell attacks. The saving throw DC bonus isn't being included in the calculation. This game is still using 5.0.4 for some reason, if that makes a difference.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Saving DC is working for me. Can you please provide steps to reproduce? Also the sheet is 5.0.4 because roll20 only updates once a week. You can update quicker as a Pro.
Kryx said: Saving DC is working for me. Can you please provide steps to reproduce? Level 6 Warlock with a Rod of the Pact Keeper (granting a bonus of 1 to warlock spell attacks and the save DC of warlock spells). Any spell I cast with a saving throw (ex. Hold Person) doesn't inherit the +1 DC bonus. Not sure if you want screenshots or an invite or...
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Steps to reproduce means tell me the order of thing you did and what you expect. Try making a new character, does the same issue happen there? What is your prof bonus? What is the modifier of the selected ability? What is the base DC on the settings page? What number did you add as a global bonus? What is the total you get, what is the total you expect? Easiest way is to setup a new character, add 14 int, set int to default, drag fireball. Then write down DC. Add 1 to global and see if DC changed.
Im having problems with the new sheets when adding in manual spells, I tried to put in Dissonant Whispers in and i comes up with - SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but end of input found.&nbsp; Also something i noticed is that when i manually put in the spell it is no calculating the saving throw it just has a blank space. all the spells from the SRD are fine but the ones that i manually enter all have this problem.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: There is also an issue with spells that have concentration not getting their duration set properly. I've fixed that as well. Again, users will have to manually fix that for now. See above.

Edited 1467281826
Dinkz
Plus
Yes it fixed it, I changed duration back and forth then the dc popped up and the spell is working now. Thank you for such a quick reply. I also read above, i think i just missed it when i was reading through sorry :(
Kryx said: Steps to reproduce means tell me the order of thing you did and what you expect. Try making a new character, does the same issue happen there? What is your prof bonus? What is the modifier of the selected ability? What is the base DC on the settings page? What number did you add as a global bonus? What is the total you get, what is the total you expect? Easiest way is to setup a new character, add 14 int, set int to default, drag fireball. Then write down DC. Add 1 to global and see if DC changed. I made a new warlock character with the bare minimum set up (CHA, class level, default ability, Hold Person), and the Save DC modifier works perfectly. On the existing sheet, Prof=3, CHA=4, Base=8, Global Bonus=1. Expecting 16, getting 15.&nbsp;I'll just re-create the character on the new sheet, I guess?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Send me an invite and give me access to the specific character please.
James M. said: Is there a way to enter custom durations or is that a downside of the translation framework? I note that "Special" is an option but don't know if that's its intended use as there's no text box for entry. I included every single option for any official 5e book as far as I'm aware. Did I miss any? Or do you want custom durations? I can add some if they are more standard. Fully custom it depends what you're looking for. It's mostly for custom spells that my players and I have developed with non-standard durations. For this purpose, fully custom would probably be best. Maybe an option to select "Custom" from the dropdown menu and then be able to manually enter the duration? I guess it would either need a tickbox for Concentration or just enforce that "Concentration," is the start of the string depending on how it's working behind the scenes.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I can't provide fully custom with a &lt;select&gt; Can you provide a list of those that you'd like?
Ver. 5.0.4. There isn't any Concentration button like there was prior and now with the picklist for duration, no way to enter a Concentration preface. So now there is no way to see concentration spells at a glance. Can you please bring the Concentration button back or provide a means to see those spells at a glance?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Concentration I'd determined by duration. Set the duration to any "up to". If you update translations you'll see concentration in the duration.
Kryx said: Concentration I'd determined by duration. Set the duration to any "up to". Done but that is not the issue. The issue is having to scan through to find "up to". It doesn't stand out. BTW, I really like the picklists. That must have been a lot of work. Also, a work around, if one wants to avoid casting another concentration spell while there is one already going is to toggle the filter and the spells disappear. That's cool. But sometimes you need to ditch one concentration spell for another. Hence, some sort of 'flag' that make them stand out. Kryx said: If you update translations you'll see concentration in the duration. Just using the "public" sheet from Game Settings. But if future versions/translations put that in it would help, especially if the text could stand out somehow.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Doug E. said: Done but that is not the issue. The issue is having to scan through to find "up to". It doesn't stand out. Those translations are missing "Concentration, ". As a pro user you can add them now, or wait until the next release. Also, a work around, if one wants to avoid casting another concentration spell while there is one already going is to toggle the filter and the spells disappear. That's cool. But sometimes you need to ditch one concentration spell for another. Hence, some sort of 'flag' that make them stand out. Try uploading the correct translation and seeing how it works. Concentration is clearly there with the correct translations. The goal of the sheet is to match the styling of the book and this accomplishes that. As you said you can use filtering to find ones without concentration if needed.
I wrote this message on another forum thread last week and was told it would be patched in this week, however it is still an issue :) Just letting you know :D Hey, noticed a bug in the sheet within the features tab and actually with the attack tab aswell. Whenever I add damage to something custom written into the sheet, it adds a modifier, be it dex or whatever. When I tell it not to include the damage in the roll and set it to the -- option, it does it. Then when I roll the macro for the feature or melee attack it auto reverts to using a modifier and overrides what I set it to. This is quite annoying as I need it to not include a modifier in some features and in an off-hand weapon for one of my players :) Great sheet btw, this just annoys me alittle.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That is a very confusing bug report. Can you please provide a reproduction path (Step by step details). I believe you're talking about ability bonuses for weapons which was fixed and is working on the latest.
Have you considered my suggestion of adding a pre-pend field to attacks and such? I have it working for my personal sheet, but when I'm playing one shots... I don't have control over which sheet being used.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Prepending isn't something that can work intuitively with how the sheet is setup to work with roll20.&nbsp;The only way to make it work would be to have the user put in "\n" at the end of whatever they prepend, which isn't so great. Or have the sheetworkers do it, but that doesn't sound great either.
It's actually very easy.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's easy if you only use prepend. It's not easy for the sheet to provide prepend as well as the other 2 options as I outlined above.
It is easy even with a sheetworker. The sheetworker required to toggle a variable is like three lines. You already use something similar for halfling luck. I actually modeled my version of it on the halfling luck sheet worker from the OGL sheet. All you'd have to do is check to see if the prepend field has something in it and if so, change a newline variable from "" to "\n" instead. Then you add @{prepend}@{newline} in front of your &{template} calls. If the prepend text field is empty, aka "" or doesn't exist... it doesn't affect the execution of macros at all. Same for the newline attribute. It's a variation of how @{wtype} works to decide whether a macro is whispered or not. Using that technique, it's possible to break a macro up into multiple parts and sent one part to chat and whisper the other to the GM or someone else. I believe I've read where people have wanted to be able to whisper part of their macros to the GM and have the rest be sent to chat. This is how you can do that.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I believe I've read where people have wanted to be able to whisper part of their macros to the GM and have the rest be sent to chat. This is how you can do that. What you suggest does not accomplish that. It just allows a user to prepend a message to a hidden roll template. The way to hide certain parts of a roll template is already supported via CSS. To do it in a better way Roll20 has to support it, which they don't.
And that prepended message could be a roll template too. I have done this on my own sheet. I would like to be able to do it on other sheets for when I don't have access to my sheet. Your CSS/Stylish hack only works if the GM uses the extension/addon. Which not every GM is going to do.&nbsp;Being able to add our own messages and emotes in front of a template is beneficial to players. It doesn't require any addons by the GM either.

Edited 1467561386
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I agree the CSS hack is unfortunate. I wish Roll20 supported it, but they don't. Perhaps you should open a suggestion for them to work on? The workaround you suggest isn't a good direction imo.