Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro Option help

I have some very complex macro full of stuffs... and then i create a small macro like ?{Choose your Test |Speed,#speed|Speed in Other World, #speedO| Speed using Clue Tokens, #speedP} y does it not work properly? if i run individually (#speed, #speedO, #speedP) they work just fine
Please post tech-help type questions in the "Specific Use" forum.  That's more in line with this type of thing. The abilities you're calling with #speed, #speed0, and #speedP probably contain characters that break the drop-down query structure.  You can't use any commas,  pipes, or close curly braces inside a Drop-down query (or in any attribute, macro, or ability called within it) or it breaks the query. You can adjust the #speed, #speed0, and #speedP  to remove those reserved characters, or replace them with HTML Entities
As Mark said, you probably have commas ( , ), pipes ( | ), or close curly braces ( } ) inside #speed, #speed0, #speedP. To replace those, you use & #44; for commas, & #124; for pipes, and & #125; for closing curly braces (remove the spaces). It also helps if you add a space between the effect of a query and a pipe. 
better i show them .... #Skill_Test ?{Teste |Speed,#Speed|Speed in other world|#SpeedO|Speed using Clue Token|#SpeedP} The main ideia is this "selector" call one especific macro depend of what user choose #Speed &{template:default} {{name=@{selected|token_name}: Teste de Velocidade (Speed)}}{{Velocidade (Speed) Atual=@{selected|Speed}}} {{Bônus de Habilidade (Skill) =@{selected|Speed Bonus}}}{{Dificuldade =?{Dificuldade|-1}}} {{@{Arkham|Evento} = @{Arkham|Speed}}} /roll [[@{selected|Speed}+@{selected|Speed Bonus}+@{Arkham|Speed} +?{Dificuldade|-1}]]d6>@{selected|Bless} #SpeedO  &{template:default} {{name=@{selected|token_name}: Teste de Velocidade (Speed) - Outro Mundo}}{{Velocidade (Speed) Atual=@{selected|Speed}}} {{Bônus de Habilidade (Skill) =@{selected|Speed Bonus}}}{{Dificuldade =?{Dificuldade|-1}}} /roll [[@{selected|Speed}+@{selected|Speed Bonus}+?{Dificuldade|-1}]]d6>@{selected|Bless} #SpeedP &{template:default} {{name=@{selected|token_name}: Pista em Furtividade (Sneak)}}{{Bônus de Habilidade (Skill) =@{selected|Sneak Bonus}}} /roll [[1+@{selected|Sneak Bonus}+@{selected|Joe}]]d6>@{selected|Bless}
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Nazamura , as the others have mentioned, it will be necessary to make changes to each of your #Macros before they can be called from a Roll Query. Notice how Roll Queries end in a }? Well, Roll Templates use those (}}), and the Roll Query thinks you want it to end early when it sees them. Advanced Usage for Roll Queries addresses this issue and provides a way to work around it.

Edited 1467336463
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yep, what Qwerty and Mark are talking about though is nesting macros within roll queries. You must replace most of the '}' ',' and '|' with the proper html entities (see Qwerty's post for the details about that; take the space out after the ampersand when you actually enter them). It's important to note that if you open the macro again after putting the html entities in, the html entities will cause the macro to deformat itself. See the  wiki on advanced roll queries . As an example your #Speed macro would need to be this: #Speed &{template:default& #125; {{name=@{selected|token_name}: Teste de Velocidade (Speed)}}{{Velocidade (Speed) Atual=@{selected|Speed}& #125;& #125; {{Bônus de Habilidade (Skill) =@{selected|Speed Bonus}& #125;& #125; {{Dificuldade =?{Dificuldade & #124; -1 & #125;& #125;& #125; {{@{Arkham|Evento} = @{Arkham|Speed}& #125;& #125; /roll [[@{selected|Speed}+@{selected|Speed Bonus}+@{Arkham|Speed} +?{Dificuldade & #124; -1 & #125;]]d6>@{selected|Bless} Essentialy, you need to replace any } that isn't part of an ability call as well as any | that are not in ability calls. This is because ability calls are resolved before the roll query, so @{Arkham|Evento} becomes 5 or whatever the ability value is. It is also important to note that any macro modified in this way will only work from within a roll query as the html entities are not resolved if you call the macro directly. EDIT: Ninja'd by Silvyre again (he's just too quick). I'll leave this her though as it might be a useful example.

Edited 1467410788
i shall ask my players to just type #SpeedO instead :D  (too complicated this advanced usage for roll queries >.<) thanks anyway
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Alternatively, you could use my favorite feature in Roll 20,  ability command buttons , to make a GUI menu for selecting what to do.
by the way, i figured out the answer and it works! thanks