Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] (Pathfinder Sundays 20:00 UTC) "Unlikely Heroes"

Edited 1468743446
Update: Less than a day before campaign start. We had someone drop out because of being unable to make the game time, so one more spot opened up. I like starting with a decent amount of people to start the campaign and get a group of players going that were there from the start. So, here's your chance to be here from the start. Apply on the game, here or just message me. &nbsp;Legends tell of great heroes that have slain many a dragon, stopped demonic invasions and decided over the fate of entire kingdoms. You are not those heroes, not yet. You have led an uneventful life in the township of Taernsby. A quiet farming community that has recently found a need for seasoned adventures when there are non to be found, so it comes down to you, inexperienced, willing or not, to take up the job. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/51304/pathfinder-unlikely-heroes" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/51304/pathfinder-unlikely-heroes</a> Hello fellow forum dwellers, Do you too crave for the good old days of fantasy roleplaying cliche's? To the basics of of adventuring? Read on! It's time to go back to basics. I have stopped myself to think for a moment when was the last time I have run or played a campaign that starts in a tavern, where the evil wizard lives in a tower, the caravan gets raided by goblins and the princess needs saving. We all find it cliche, but honestly I have rarely come across them, and have recently found a longing to these simpler stories. I am taking a break from spending months writing epic stories and instead want to offer something simpler where I can focus on quality characters, fleshed out towns, lovingly crafted dungeons with full visuals, dynamic lighting and fun encounters for a group of good old adventuring adventurers. If you want to play a character that has wandered that land in service of tyrant kings, plotting his revenge since his family was murdered by vampires, dual wielding katana's in a western european feudal setting, or want to play a half dragon paladin with a character sheet lovingly pieced together from 6 different sourcebooks... this campaign is not for you. If instead you want to go back to basics, make a character with personality, faults, flaws, fears, ambitions and potential that grows as you play out your transition from commoner to adventurer to hero, apply below or better yet on the LFG listing! New players to pathfinder are welcome, but I give a preference to experienced roleplayers for the simple reason that holding back and playing genuinely flawed characters with weaknesses and fears is a skill that tends to not come easy. Of course if you are new and this does sound exactly up your alley, don't hesitate to apply. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/51304/pathfinder-unlikely-heroes" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/51304/pathfinder-unlikely-heroes</a> Yes, there will be a sewer with giant rats, a hermit that lives on the edge of town, a notice board with jobs for adventurers and a dragon that needs saving from the dungeons of an evil princess.
Is the time of play set in stone?
No, the time of play is pretty open to discussion, whatever works for the group. It is the time I used to play on on sundays that recently opened up.
Its an interesting idea for sure, having players starting out as basically commoners sounds fun. Not fond of the way you intend to do the leveling system, however as it seems a bit awkward.

Edited 1467681749
If everybody in the party wants to start leveling up as player classes after the first level I'm sure we can change things to regular leveling. I might as well end up doing that. I'm accommodating, but for now I'll see how people like this idea, it's how it first popped into my head. Edit: In fact, thinking about it more, it is more logical to level up as player classes normally. Once past that first level you are full fledged adventurers after all. So I'll change that.

Edited 1467708736
Remco said: Yes, there will be a sewer with giant rats, a hermit that lives on the edge of town, a notice board with jobs for adventurers and a dragon that needs saving from the dungeons of an evil princess. Yes. Though, I have little experience with Pathfinder, I am currently learning it with another group, thankfully, it lands at four PM on Sundays, so I shall be open.
Update: Less than a day before campaign start. We had someone drop out because of being unable to make the game time, so one more spot opened up. I like starting with a decent amount of people to start the campaign and get a group of players going that were there from the start. So, here's your chance to be here from the start. Apply on the game, here or just message me.