Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFP: D&D 3.5 (E6 and Gestalt variants)

Edited 1380094879
Looking for 3-4 experienced players for a 3.5 D&D campaign using the E6 and Gestalt rule variants. Hoping to play Friday OR Saturday nights, my time. Since I'm PST, that's very late for most folks. I've got a 4-chapter campaign arc set out that will take characters from level 1 to level 6, and then challenge the limits of what they can accomplish there. I don't use video/voice, since I find text chat makes it much easier to stay immersed in the game. The campaign takes place in a homebrew world fairly similar to most traditional D&D settings. The focus of most of the campaign will involve a war between militarized kingdoms of orcs and humans, with some additional themes you'll have to discover as you get there. The campaign should have a decent mix of story and combat. If you'd be interested in playing, please include a possible character concept (race/classes/shtick) you'd be interested in playing.
I'm an experience 3.5 D&D player who has wanted to play E6 for a long time. I'm also PST and Fridays are great for me, and Saturdays until about 11 work well too. Possible character concepts include a Swordsage/Favored Soul, Peacekeeper Martial Mender type. Or a dwarf Ranger/Tempest or Fist of the Forest character depending on how the gestalt and variants work.
Semi interested, experienced DnD player (both 3.5 and Pathfinder for about a decade), and if accepted, looking at playing a Cleric/Monk or a Rogue/Spellthief.

Edited 1380141394
@Samuel I'm hoping to play from 8-12pm, but I can do 7-11 if needed by the players. Sounds like our times line up well enough, so hopefully we can get a few more players. I won't be allowing prestige classes, since there's such a disparity with most entry requirements, and Gestalt makes that so wonky anyway. The Swordsage/Favored Soul concept sounds good though. Or a ranger/monk and maybe dig for some alternate class features to give some of the same feral flavor. @Trenr Do the times sound like they'd work for you? It'd be either Friday or Saturdays, as determined by the group, and it can always be changed, but those two nights have the most availability for me.
Been playing for 25 years. Would love to get into this. Saturday 7-11 should work for me as well. I was thinking about a gnome sorcerer.
Josh, are you familiar with Gestalt? Just curious, since you didn't list a second class for your idea. :P Is everyone familiar with E6, as well? I'll leave this up and see if we can get a fourth, but for now, it looks like you three would be in.
Alright, so, I've only ever played one Gestalt game, and it was a while back, so I might need some reminders there. E6 simply means we stop leveling at level 6, yes? Yes, the times should work for me.
Correct. Sounds like we're all good then. I can PM the three of you the link, and character creation details, and we'll see if a fourth pops up in the next day or two.
Paladin. I was distracted. Thought I listed it.
I would rather do sorc/cleric but if someone else is using cleric it might be overkill
are you still looking for a player for this?
I can take one more, yes.
is it on sunday and could u help me somewhat with charater creation?
fridays sorry
fridays are good for me is what im saying
Friday or Saturday, depending on what the group decides works best. I may be able to help with character creation. How much of it?
let me read a bit more about it

Edited 1380237958
Any of those combos are fine. I had one player leave, so there are 1-2 slots left. If you'd like, I can PM you the creation details and game link. I'm presuming Saturday nights would work for my current players? Trenr?, Samuel?

Edited 1380238180
If you guys end up doing Saturday nights, I would be down for playing a Wizard/Factotum or Warlock/Bard or Beguiler/Bard or Beguiler/Warlock.
At the moments, Saturdays are looking most likely. I've still gotta confirm with two of my players though.
Im available at ether time. Veteran D20 player in 3.0/3.5 or pathfinder. Im also sending you a pm but A few concepts I think would be nice are a Paladin/Favored Soul, a Cleric/Fighter or a Favored Soul/Sorc. All humans. Maybe even double up on the Divine and be a Cleric/Favored Soul
i would be interested in playing i am thinking a rouge monk gnome
I've got 4 if all the current players can do Saturdays, but I'll keep you two as reserves if someone else can't commit. Until then, I'm no longer looking for players.
Oh cant you squeeze in a 5th? I would love to be a part of this from the begining. I promise you my turns will be fast, and ill be a fun addition to the party.
Ah, just noticed you do text based. Sorry, I don't care to play that way.
I like text based at times. it really stopes people from staring random "so did you hear about this" conversations while they wait for something to happen.
Well, it looks like you're in, Rin. I'll pm you the info you need.
I'd be interested, either Friday or Saturday night, as long as it's done by 2 am EST (preferably ending earlier, though). If there's room, let me know. If not, let me know if someone leaves, please. I actually prefer games w/o the mic, most games on roll20 seem to use voice chat.