Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with Existing Initiative Scripts

Hi all, I want to hook up an initiative script for my campaign that will show an indicator on the map of whose turn it is. I know there are several scripts available for this, and I have my eyes on The Aaron's "TurnMarker1" script. The Wiki says that this script has an "IsGM" dependency, but IsGM itself says it's deprecated.  Damn the torpedoes, I went ahead and installed them both anyway. , The script works great all except for the indicator. None of the map parts appear to be working, including animation and pulse. There is just no token indicator at all. I figure one of a few things is going on here: a) the script I want is older and unsupported. b) I am working with an outdated version of the script. c) I have a conflict with one of my other scripts (TheAaron's facing script and TokenMod, Stephen Lindberg's custom status markers) So now I am confused and sad, alone in a dark world of terror. Anyone know what's going on here? Am I starting in the wrong place even?
I don't know anything about the API scripting, but rather than a marker maybe you would do better with the Aura settings on a token? TokenMod should be able to do that.  (I THINK this is right) !token-mod --set aura1_color|#ff0000 aura1_radius|10 --on showplayers_aura1 !token-mod --set aura1_radius|   to turn the aura off
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Hi Owen. &nbsp; The latest version of TurnMarker1 is 1.3.3:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/blob/master/Tu" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/blob/master/Tu</a>... It no longer requires the isGM script, I'll go fix the wiki page, which is likely very out of date. If you are using 1.3.3 and it's still not working, feel free to drop me a PM invite to your game and GM me, and I'll get it sorted out for you.
For those of you tuning in at home, the TurnMarker1 script requires the tokens to be on the same page as the player ribbon! That was the only problem here. Great script, and it turns out to be easier to use than I thought. There is no IsGM dependency in 1.3.3, so you can fire this up as a stand alone script really easily. Thanks so much for the help, The Aaron!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
No problem! Happy Rolling!