Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question about API scripts

I'm currently playing in a campaign as a base level user and my GM is a supporter. If I were to upgrade to mentor status would we be able to use API scripts in the game I'm playing in? Or would my GM be the one who would have to buy the mentor status?
GM.
thanks!
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
To expand on what honeybadger said, if I understand it correctly, is that the api is linked to a person's account status. If you are a mentor then only you have access to the api panel on the boards you host. There are some features that work across the board aka works for everyone if one person is a mentor but the api is not one of them. That feature is one for the game boards you create. Now with that said, you can create a game board and have someone run the game but again only you would access to the api panel. If I'm wrong on this then some one will be by to correct me.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Correct; the API is only available if the campaign was created by a Mentor, and is only available to the campaign creator. I have a campaign running right now where I created it and have added API, but I promoted someone else to GM and I run the campaign as a player, and it works well. I get glances at the top-left corner of the map when I load (which I'm not supposed to see as a player if it's hidden), but that's a small price to pay. One thing I've implemented in a campaign I run myself is an OOC room. After each game session, I move the players to the OOC room, and they can play with their character tokens and draw all over the map as they please. When everyone has loaded into the game for the week's session, I move the players to whatever map we're going to be playing on, so everyone starts off on the same foot.