Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Adding decoration to tokens without making the decor a token itself?

Still new to using Roll20 in earnest, so I'm curious if there is a way to attach other top down objects to a token to "decorate" it, without said items having to be tokens but still attached to the token so if I move it, rotate it, ect. the decor follows suit? I'm sure this questions come up a lot, so sorry in advance for that.
You can modify a token using an outside graphics program and then upload it. I have modified a token to grey the hair, and add glasses, so I would have several generations that looked very similar, changed color of clothes etc. Photoshop and Gimp work well for this, I have also used paint.net. Of course the token has to be one you can work on outside of roll 20.
al e. said: You can modify a token using an outside graphics program and then upload it. I have modified a token to grey the hair, and add glasses, so I would have several generations that looked very similar, changed color of clothes etc. Photoshop and Gimp work well for this, I have also used paint.net. Of course the token has to be one you can work on outside of roll 20. The ones I want to modify are ones the search function finds on the internet. I want to be wary of uploading to many images, I'm a free user, so I'm limited to what I can upload at any given time. Also I was interested in on the fly adding of effects, it's for vehicles mostly, smoke, bullet holes, fire to show current states, but the vehicles in question are raider vehicles and I want to customize them each a little differently for flare. Speaking of multiple vehicles that look different, this brings up a semi related quandary I had while waiting for a reply here, I found a dune buggy sprite via the "search the web" function it has, it found one that once I navigated to the site had 6 variants but the in game search only found me 2, and the second one must have been a fluke as I can't find it again. Do I upload those all myself? Is there a way I can force the search engine to "see" that page and those extra variants to help me save on data usage? Or does is the search engine just wonky and random like that?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Hi, Jake W. You might look into Grouping Tokens .