Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Character based macros called from chat pane

Is it possible to create a character based macro that I can use in the chat pane ? I.e. suppose I create an ability "AcrobaticCheck" in my character that is /roll 1d20 + @Dexterity (dexterity being an attribute of the character) - unless I add it to the macro bar I cannot call the ability as a macro. E.g. as #AcrobaticCheck or #Charactername:AcrobaticCheck Instead, to be able to call the macro in the chat pane, I have to create a player based macro, hard code the character in the text and assign it to the player that had the control of that character i.e. /roll 1d20 +@Character:Dexterity Is this correct ?
Gauss
Forum Champion
No, it is not currently possible to create a macro in the character sheet that you can use in the chat pane. Yes, you are correct that you need to make an actual macro (settings tab) if you want to use it in the Chat pane. - Gauss