Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG][Warhammer40K][UTC-5 & UTC+10] Two players looking for a 40K game.

G'day. My buddy and I are looking for a new 40K game to play in, we're both reasonably experienced with both the system and the lore of the universe and RP quite well. The two current characters we have are for Rogue Trader, as they're leftovers from a campaign that we left. However we can create characters for any system or to fill any role if the one we'd prefer are taken. I don't know about Agnaraeds preferences, but I would prefer the campaign not be Black Crusade, as I love my Imperial Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus too much. We can currently attend a game from 1000AEST(0000UTC; 1900EST) to 1800AEST(0800UTC; 0300EST) (any day but Saturday AEST time) due to our strange timezones, however I cannot do a game too late on some days because I have other commitments. While we can play most days, there will be times I will not be able to attend due to my work schedule being a little strange. Thanks in advance for responses.
Believe me, mate, we get it. Me and a friend of mine have relatively similar timezones, and we both have a craving for Black Crusade/Rogue Trader, but GMs are tough to come by. If you really want to I can try GMing - I've done it once with Dark Heresy , though nobody can really say I performed well. We can try to set one up - and if you do find a GM and need more players, well, we're here.
We'd be able to get you through the green phase if you had to GM, and I've got loads of ideas for stories and suchlike so I can help co-gm and craft the story itself if you want, since my characters are typically guardsman who don't lead in anything but combat. So metagaming is easily kept to a minimum by virtue of my RP being all in the character. However it seems all 4 of us don't want to GM. Meaning I think it's best if we try to find a GM. However no one responded here or on reddit but you. Unless you know someone willing to GM we're stuffed as the only 2 people I know who would GM I frankly wouldn't trust to. There's also me, being able to do a fairly decent job of GMing, but 1. I've never done 40K before as a GM, and 2. I'm already GMing two pathfinder campaigns and the strains starting to bug me, I want to be a player. SO we kinda have a choice, put our heads together to come up with a campaign our mates will like, or try to find a GM. Unless someone else viewing the post would like to GM? 
Tentatively, I will say there's a possibility I could gm. The caveats are it wouldn't be for about a month and wouldneed to be biweekly at most and I've not GM a 40k game before. I've played and have a ok understanding of the system but it's limited as is my knowledge of the larger universe. As such, I would almost certainly start with modules. 
Hi Brian, and hi guys, keep me posted if you end up doing something 40kish (please just shoot me a PM, I'm only sporadically on these forums).  I love the setting.  I'm partial to the Astartes (both regular and ruinous flavored), so I guess that pushes me towards Black Crusade and Deathwatch.  I'm more drawn to the high drama and incredible set pieces of the setting than anything else.  I can't commit to GMing with any regularity until we get to the Fall, at least, I'm just too swamped with work.   I'm CST, but it seems like that might work timewise.  
I'm up for some 40k as well, just had a game fall through on me. I'm fine with Deathwatch, Black Crusade or Only War.

Edited 1469256416
Well it seems like Deathwatch is what we all have in common, I don't knwo how my mate feels about it since he hasn't messages me back but I'm sure he'd be fine with it as well.  He's adaptable, he's just not played Deathwatch before so you're gonna have at least 2 newbs. Now what times can we all do. Please place times you are available, your timezone, and if you can GM Deathwatch with reasonable regularity. And we'll see if we can actually get a campaign going. I'm available during the evenings on Monday, Wednesday Thursday & Friday. Mornings are annoying for me, since it relies on my uploads being finished beforehand, and that doesn't happen often since Australian internet sucks. I live in AEST or the Eastern Australian timezone which is currently 10 hours ahead of GMT. While having no experience I can GM Deathwatch, however I'm an utter noob at it and am not familiar with much of the lore needed to create a good campaign in 40K. Also I am vehemently opposed to GMing as I just really want to be a player, I'm already GMing 2 Pathfinder campaigns and don't want the strain of another campaign on me.

Edited 1469392050
I'm afraid we're going to drop out, in that case. Deathwatch doesn't really work for us; it's more or less a boring mindless combat-focused slog with bare minimum buildup, not to mention we don't like playing as Deathwatch itself. The system has lots of balance issues as well, and it doesn't afford much for individualism. One of the biggest reasons we like Black Crusade/Rogue Trader is the fact that each player can have their individual agenda. It also doesn't have the desperate cool factor of Only War, or the atmosphere of Dark Heresy.
Mate, I'd absolutely love to do Rogue Trader mate but it's apparently not what everyone else in the thread wants. I'd vastly prefer either RT or DH though, anything where I can play a Guardsman would be best. If you do find a RT or DH campaign with an extra spot, send me a message please and I'll see if I can join? I really wanna be a part of one of those campaigns. And also it depends on the GM really. I've seen campaigns for DH where it's a combat slog, it's all down to the GM and how they run the campaign.
Are you gents still looking for a GM?
Biff A. said: Are you gents still looking for a GM? I believe we are.  What days/times are you free?

Edited 1469771652
I can free up one night a week (preferably not Sat, Sun, and Monday your time. Monday is more workable than the others.), giving you a time bracket from 1000AEST till 1700AEST to set the game. I would not want to run the game for more than five hours though. **edited in a not on my time schedule. Oops.

Edited 1469771022
In case you aren't playing Deathwatch, I can hop in at 1000AEST on Mondays, if you'll have me. My friend cannot make the time, however.
Biff A. said: I can free up one night a week (preferably not Sat, Sun, and Monday your time. Monday is more workable than the others.), giving you a time bracket from 1000AEST till 1700AEST to set the game. I would not want to run the game for more than five hours though. **edited in a not on my time schedule. Oops. Saturdays, Sundays & Mondays are annoying times for me anyway. I was thinking Tuesday so long as it ends before 5pm my time, or Wednesdays which are usually completely free. Albert J. said: In case you aren't playing Deathwatch, I can hop in at 1000AEST on Mondays, if you'll have me. My friend cannot make the time, however. I would also prefer not Deathwatch as it's a bit to restrictive. Mondays are a bit niggly but I could try to fix things around it. It would suck to lose your mate though, any days you can both make it?
I'm afraid not. We both work around that time, except I don't work on Mondays. I could try to fit Tuesday, but I already have an ongoing game that fills that slot. I can try, though. 1000 AEST is fairly late, so it's possible I can end my noonday game and fill that.
I have no preference for the game. I can run all of them, though I have a lot less experience with Black Crusade, and my experience with it has just been a bunch of murderhobos doing...murder. However, no matter what we play, do not expect a lack of RP or character development even if we play Deathwatch.

Edited 1469816616
Alright then. Perhaps we should set up something first; maybe a Discord or a Skype to discuss this. Anyone have any preferences for communications programs? In fact, here: <a href="https://discord.gg/nb4jW" rel="nofollow">https://discord.gg/nb4jW</a> - Discord link. Will last for 24 hours.&nbsp; Does not require client.
I like Teamspeak and Curse. I refuse to use Skype. Does Discord have Push to Talk?
Biff A. said: I like Teamspeak and Curse. I refuse to use Skype. Does Discord have Push to Talk? It does indeed. I prefer it the most because it offers chatboxes like Skype, multiple voice channels, various other implements useful for RP and gaming (such as a bot that lets you roll die, push to talk, "roles," nicknames, ecetra) and is usable both in-browser and with client.
Also, I had just realized that 1000 AEST Sunday is Monday my time. I can make both Monday and Tuesday my time, so it doesn't really matter, but we should probably make sure we're talking about the same day :3
Not sure where you are from guy, but AEST is basically the bleeding edge of time. That means there is no possible way for Sunday 1000AEST (24h clock btw) to be Monday for you. If you are from the Americas, the Australians are 14-20 hours ahead of us mate. Just letting you know to prevent schedule errors.
Or rather, their Saturday is my Friday. Sorry, it's quite confusing and I've it mixed up.
No worries. Ive seen you and Tash post, are you all the only interested parties?

Edited 1469927310
Prop(and Tash, and his friend) is in the Discord, so I'm guessing we have at least four players (two from Tash, me and Prop).&nbsp; I can fetch a fifth, maybe, if we need one. <a href="https://discord.gg/M6MCc" rel="nofollow">https://discord.gg/M6MCc</a>
Yep, still interested here!

Edited 1469933646
So did the time get set at 1000 AEST Mondays?
That's what we'll discuss, once the GM gets in the chat, but probably, yeah.
Four sounds solid to me. I tried that Discord link but it did not work, just stalled in the connecting stage. Could I get another please?
Are you'll looking for anymore players? I have the core rule book but haven't gotten around to reading it but would love to join you.
It sounds like we have a full group (4 players is my preference as a GM), but I will PM you if otherwise.