Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic Lightning weird behavior being a GM

Phoxounet
Sheet Author
Translator
Hi ! I encountered a weird bug regarding dynamic lightning today. I had the same line of sight as if I was a player. GM opacity was at maximum. Played with the GM opacity and the bug disappeared. I was unable to reproduce the bug, though.
Gold
Forum Champion
If you select a token and press Control/Command-L, it will show the GM the view of that token. Could that be how you got it into that mode?

Edited 1468813441
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I read this a bit ago, but didn't quite understand what you were saying the bug was. after rereading, I think this is your issue (assuming it wasn't ctrl-L): If you had the GM opacity at max, then you would have only had player vision as the stuff that was hidden would have been behind a solid black screen. The GM opacity controls the transparency of the darkening effect that denotes what is player visible and what is hidden. At 0% the transparency is 100% (aka totally clear and colorless). At max or 100%, the transparency is 0%.

Edited 1468829735
Phoxounet
Sheet Author
Translator
well, no and no guys :)  Gold : I did not use that control. Moreover, if I used this command, setting the opacity should not have instantly change the behavior (I did not have to completely move the cursor : as soon as I touched the cursor, the view changed). Scott C : When I put back the cursor to the max, the view did not revert to token view. And as I said before, the view changed as soon as I touched the GM opacity cursor, not after moving it toward 0% :). Anyway, I'll do more test based on what you suggested. Thx :) Edit : Made some quick tests : I confirm the behavior I spoke about in my messages. It was, indeed as if I used the Ctrl-L command. However, I did not and toggling the GM opacity reverted the view back to GM mode as if I used the Ctrl-M command... :) Edit : well.. Though Ctrl-M allowed to revert token view back to GM view but realized it does not. How can I revert token view back to GM view ? Edit : Ok. I am an idiot. You were right, guys. Mistook opacity for GM opacity.. Several tests later, I found that GM opacity can be tricky if you don't know what you're doing alongside with dynamic lightning.  Thx for the help ! :)