Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Macro Help] Using Token Names on Chumps

Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
I have a bunch of Chump Enemies (Goon 1, Goon 2, Goon 3, ...) who are set up as "Mook Tokens" (i.e. they draw their info from a Character Sheet but don't feed back into the character sheet). I am trying to have my macro say: Goon 1 attacks (targeted player) with (attack stuff). The problem I am having is if I use @{token_name} while one of the Goons is highlighted, I don't get the information I want.  I get other drivel. I am using D&D 3.5E Character Sheets and Roll Templates, if that causes problems.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
What information are you getting? It should give you the token name, you may just need to edit the name of each mook, I do this for generic mooks when i want one that has the same stats but a unique name. Also try @{selected|token_name} to ensure you are getting the specific name of the token rather than something else...

Edited 1469882222
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Character Sheet Name | token_name @{selected|token_name} did the trick for me.  I'll now make it part of my 'default attack' Macros.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Awesome, glad you got it sorted :)