Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Working On] Outdoor map making script.

Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
So.... Still cleaning it up a bit... but this is GIF of an outdoor map making script. (click to see the animation.)  The interface is a brush icon.. cycle through tiles... turn it on and off... delete... all controlled by rotation.
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Example of "deleting" features (roads, rivers, or trees.)
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Pretttttty. Very spiffy Stephen!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
You know what would be great...  :) (Actually, you do. I already told you!)
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The Aaron said: You know what would be great...  :) (Actually, you do. I already told you!) I don't know why you are pressuring  me, all my code is stolen from you... I am not the bottleneck. 
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
HAHAHAHA!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sweet!
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
PNG of the forest tiles... with color removed... point is.... caves ... Can even provide automatic dynamic lighting.

Edited 1470017205
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Very cool. I was wondering what your grand plan for those great map-adjacent/coord functions was. I found them very useful for figuring out the teleport functionality in page navigator:) Does the drawing require hex, or can it be done with squares too?
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Scott C. said: Very cool. I was wondering what your grand plan for those great map-adjacent/coord functions was. I found them very useful for figuring out the teleport functionality in page navigator:) Does the drawing require hex, or can it be done with squares too? Glad you found those functions handy. Lots of good applications for them I would think. Yes, this would work for squares too. Still playing with the user interface.... right now its a little cumbersome (hard to fine something easy to code, easy to use, and gets Aaron of my back.)
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Haha, especially that last one
Man, your map tools are amazing. Roll20 should integrate these.
Out of curiosity, why do you have to rotate the token to select the tool?  Why not make it a rollable table?  I would think that would be easier to select the tool you want.
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Three of Swords said: Out of curiosity, why do you have to rotate the token to select the tool?  Why not make it a rollable table?  I would think that would be easier to select the tool you want. I like kicking around interface ideas... you never know what you will uncover. In the example GIF, I am screwing around with a single token interface.... since its "snapped" you have several degrees "nudge" rotations you can detect. 0/360 = "X" toggle delete mode on and off. 330 = toggle a 70x70 grid on the GM layer (useful when making a hex tile map to be played on square grid.) 270/90 = step through loaded tiles. 150 = toggle "on/off" so you can move the token with adding (or deleting) a tile (status marker set green of on and red for off.) 210 = force a tile add (or delete) without having to move the tile. I can have other interfaces with this... just seeing how much can be ->squeezed<- out of one tile and "nudge" rotation... plus it is so easy to code... this is works of  on('change:graphic', on_change_graphic) only .. no other events needed. What page? The one you moved the token. What do you want? Whatever degree you turned it. Where to add the tile? Wherever you moved the token.
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
PS: I do like rollable table token adds.... you get the right page and STILL just need on_change_graphic... so... maybe that too. I don't know.
Makes sense.  Please continue w/ your experimentation!  You're def one of the most creative script developers on the forums!