Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Another macro question lol

Hello yet again. I am trying to get a macro hammed out and I looked on the forum regarding my problem but did not see anything on it so I am here again. Well, what I am trying to do is have a macro do an emote and announce an attack is being made. I do not want the roll in chat but yet a silent GM roll. When I am adding both of these together the macro is not doing anything so I am guessing I screwed something up. This macro works great. /em The Giant Frog takes a bite. [[d20+4]] vs AC But when I change it to so a silent roll but yet announce an attack is being made it is not working /em The Giant Frog take a bite. /gmroll [[d20+4]] vs AC Im sure I am doing something wrong here and thanks in advance. David

Edited 1380650590
Gauss
Forum Champion
It is the 'vs AC' that is screwing up the gmroll. Try this instead: /em The Giant Frog takes a bite. /w gm [[d20+4]] vs AC - Gauss
Drop the [[ ]] around the dies in the /gmroll statement. Doing so turns it into an _inline_ roll, that is resolved before evaluating the /gmroll statement. And apparently, you can't do something like "/gmroll 10 vs AC". The interpreter has trouble figuring out what the "vs AC" means if you've just got a constant there. If you want to keep it as an inline roll, you can replace the /gmroll line with: /w gm [[d20+4]] vs AC That whispers the above phrase to the GM, and executes the inline roll, saving you some clutter in the chat window from the die roll.
That worked perfectly. Thanks Gauss and David.