Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Bug] API scripts seem to be disabling

Hi there I'm using the 4e Tools and 4e Combat scripts that are in the sticky. I make sure they are enabled and I go into my campaign. They work perfectly, won't overheal, uses temp HP, and applies the bloodied aura. However after a little bit they stop working. Any tips for someone with very little knoweledge on computers?

Edited 1380756707
Gauss
Forum Champion
Moved to API forum and added the Bug comment to your Title. The Devs have asked for API specific bugs to be posted in the API forum. - Gauss
Open the script in a seperate tab. As the game progresses and the scripts stop, copy and paste the errors so API users can see what's flagging.
TypeError: Cannot call method 'get' of undefined at evalmachine. :27:34 at eval ( This is the error that I seem to be getting
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Could you try and reproduce the problem with only a single script enabled? This will help narrow down where the problem is occurring.
I think I figured out the problem, there are points where my internet connection drops significantly for just a second. Before I started using the API it just resulted in some quick video/sound distortion but now it seems that the scripts keep failing whenever my connection drops for that split second. However I'll try running a single script and see what happens then.
The API doesn't rely on your computer's connection at all. Your scripts run in their own sandbox on our servers. That's what lets them run even if you aren't in the game when your players are. There's an object that you are calling 'get' on at some point that is not a defined object. I would double-check to make sure you are using the scripts properly, or ask the script authors for help.