Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

LFG Functionality

The LFG search seems - odd. A lot of the searches I do yield games that are full of players and have 0 slots open (or even negative slots in some cases) . There is no way to filter these out even though I'd really like to. I don't know if that means the GM is still looking for players or not so it seems odd to post in the forum. Is this by intent? Any plans to add a filter?
We released an update about a month ago that changed the way the "total players" field was handled. It used to be you put in the number of players you were looking for, now you put in the total players you want so we can automatically subtract the number of players that you still need to find. We're giving a grace period for people where we don't filter games that are looking for 0 (or less) players because we're assuming they may still be using the field the old way. In a little while we'll make it to where those games don't show up anymore.
Thanks, yeah that works. I don't know if you have considered this or not, but, forcing a timeout is a great way to automate a messaging system. This means that, for instance, if you apply to a campaign, GMs would realize because of the timeout, that they have a grace period of say 10 days past the due date to respond, or, the system automatically send the applicant a declined response. The reason I suggest this functionality is that people are human and typically either lazy or fearful of sending negative information. As a result, much angst occurs in players looking for a game as they check several games and hear nothing from GMs. Compound that with all those games still showing up on the available list and it is even worse. If there was an automated timeout on the applications a TON of players would at least get closure. Just a thought.