Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dice Roll Hidden Calculations

I'm very likely to be overlooking something, but is there a command that can generate a dice roll number but automatically hide the calculation used to achieve it? Would it be possible to enable this on the default 5E / Pathfinder character sheets? I don't want players to mouseover and see what the dice rolls and modifiers to any given check are, just the total number generated.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
If you want to have a roll show up but not have players see what the modifiers were, you could do it directly by having a nested inline roll: [[ [[1d20+3+8]] ]] would show up as if you'd typed something like: [[ 23 ]] On a character sheet, that would require some work by the sheet author to add in that extra layer.  Generally, I think most sheet authors just offer the option of only whispering to the GM or showing it outright, not showing it outright and obscuring the modifiers.  You might talk to the sheet author (or post in Character Sheets) to see how difficult such a thing would be.  One side effect is that you wouldn't be able to see the modifiers either, though you could look them up likely.
Thanks! Right now I'm having everything whispered but ideally a number would show up as a player reference. Kind of a complicated set up I'm using, since I stream my games... If I log in twice (player view, DM view), the NPC rolls are captured the way I want as long as I don't personally mouse over, but the pings don't show up because Roll20 is "smart enough" to not ping your extra instances on the same game table. If I log in with a "player" account, I'm able to see the pings, but since NPC rolls are whispered, they don't show up and I can't enable them without letting players mouseover for the calculations.