Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a max roll command for a macro?

Howdy again macro gurus! I am going to be needing to upgrade my macros on all of my monster character sheets seeing that Wizards of the coasts has changed the way crit damage is valued now. For example, the old crit way was 1d8+4 (longsword) plus an additional 1d8 for the crit to make the total roll 2d8+4. Now the way D&D Next is doing crits is automatically dishing out max damage plus an additional damage die which would be 12 plus an additional 1d8. My question is, is there a way to have a macro justify this new formula? I have glanced through the first few pages of forum posts and on the wiki but saw nothing about an automatic maximum damage with modifiers added in. I am currently using the input value prompt asking if the damage will be normal or a critical and love that. So I am hoping to be able to keep it that way. This is the damage macro I am using now. Thanks to David for his help on this as well. The @{selected|token_name} hits for [[@{Damage1} + ?{Critical Hit?}*@{Critical1}]] damage.
Gauss
Forum Champion
There is no max roll command but the API could probably do this. - Gauss
Ahh bummer hehe. I may just keep crits the way I have them set up and just have my players use the new crit formula when they do damage. Thanks Gauss!
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The critical hit script I wrote a while ago is capable of maximizing the damage roll on a crit. The default script settings work for D&D 4E, which sounds to be the same crit system as D&D Next.
Thank you much Brian, I will definitely check it out. I did not think of checking the API script master list. duhhhhhhh hehe Dave