Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for 1-2 More for Arcadian Nights 4e Version

Hello, Ragnarok here. I've got a game running that has up to 5 spots open for either another healer or a tank. The current party make up is as follows: - Human Witch - ??? Wizard - Dwarven Paladin (Note that the ??? means that the player has not decided or declared their race.) As for the game itself, I am running a High-and-Dry campaign, which means High-Fantasy with a mix of Dry Humor and Prosperity. Arcadia is where the Campaign takes place. Arcadia is an advanced civilization that is at war with it's neighboring country of Serdea. The use of magical mechanics such as LodeStones and ManaStones is widely known in Arcadia. The buildings are tall structures resembling towers that are stabilized by LodeStones somewhere near the top or middle of the structure. ManaStones are used for lifting things and generate magical electricity. ManaStones power Airships and allow them to maintain altitude without fear of combustion (like normal airships, they are limited in speed but do not need to be piloted. If the airship crashes, there is no chance of a volatile explosion.) This setting allows and encourages Psionic and Arcane Classes, but all magical items or wondrous items that are not found in the Player's Handbooks must get DM approval. Feats and Spells must be taken from the standard books. When you level up, if you want an exotic spell, you may get one spell per level out of another source other than the SRD (DM approved). Mounts in this setting cost 10% less than normal and Magical Items are at a 5% discount due to Arcadia's prosperity. This prosperity does not affect mundane or masterwork armor/arms. Items remain the same price. We are starting at Level 5, with the Standard Starting GP Allowance, minus two levels. One free magic item valued at 2,000gp is given to the PCs at the start of their career. Military Classes (Fighter, Barbarian, Paladin, etc.) are given access to level 3 Town Guards (Standard Monster Statblock) once they reach level 6, provided they have the leadership feat. Arcane Classes (Wizard, Sorcerer, etc.) and Psionic Classes (Psion, Battlemind) are Gain 1 Additional Power or Power Point at 6th level. At 6th level, Primal Classes (Druid, Ranger, etc.) gain the ability to speak with animals as a spell-like ability a number of times a day equal to their Charisma score. A Cleric gains the ability to heal additional hit-points with healing spells equal to one-half their charisma modifier when they reach level 6. *****32 Point Buy***** Using standard 4 rules, you can choose to point-buy your stats or choose from an Array (Rolling is not allowed). Use the table below to determine your starting stats. Start off with the following array and add points: 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8. Starting Stat to Final Stat->Point Cost 8 to 9 -> 1 8 to 10 -> 2 8 to 11 -> 3 8 to 12 -> 4 8 to 13 -> 5 8 to 14 -> 6 8 to 15 -> 8 8 to 16 -> 10 8 to 17 -> 13 8 to 18 -> 16 You cannot go over 18 without purchasing a Physical or Mental Augmentation, which can be found below. ********************* Physical and Mental Augmenting are available to those who wish to easily raise their ability scores. The cost to Augment a character's Physical or Intellectual score is 2,500gp for 1 point under 16 and 5,000gp for each point after 16. A character with 17 Strength can pay 10,000gp to get an additional 2 points of strength, ending up with a score of 19 in strength. After going past 20 points in a physical score, you take a -1 to all social skills. The reverse effect applies with intellect scores. After reaching a score total of 25 in any given stat, you take a -1 penalty to all skills both physical and social. Both penalties stack. I believe that is all the information I need to give out, but if I missed anything feel free to let me know via comment or message. Arcadian Nights is also available in a Pathfinder and 3rd Edition Version, but the home-brewed rules may change. 3rd Edition Version: <a href="http://community.roll20.net/discussion/3876/looking-for-1-5-players-for-arcadian-nights-3-5-version#Item_1" rel="nofollow">http://community.roll20.net/discussion/3876/looking-for-1-5-players-for-arcadian-nights-3-5-version#Item_1</a> Pathfinder Version: (Let me know if you are interested in a Pathfinder Version using this setting.)
Would you have a newbie to this play? If so I am interested.
Nubs are welcomed, if not encouraged, to join the game. 4e is a lot simpler to learn than 3.5e, imo. Experienced roleplayers and avid combat artists are welcome as well!
I'm an Experienced roleplayer, just new to 4e. Thanks! So how does this work? Do you skype me, or do I join a campain or what? Sorry new to Roll20
Kinda new to 4e but this sounds fun since I am encouraged to be and Arcane Class
Just let me know what race and/or class (I really only need to know what class) you're going to play and then once I get four to five people, I'll send out invites. You will receive a message that has a link in it and all you will need to do is click the link. Afterwards, roll20 does all the work.
Human Witch
what is the standard starting gp for lvl 5?
I would like to be a Wizard.
Starting gold for 5th level? i'll have to look it up later today... I'm actually at a friend's house right now and I don't have my books.
I would be damn pleased to join. I see a witch and wizard signed up... I'll run a Dwarven Paladin. I'll start rolling up a sheet later today.
What time and day will it be played? Me and my brother might join depending on if you have space available and the time.
I'd like to run late evening, like 6:00pm CST, but earlier or later can work as well, so long as the current party members agree on something.