Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API script "5th Edition OGL by Roll20 Companion" and Spelltracking

So i was wondering about that script specifically... when you are using spell tracking, its GREAT for the one time spells.   but when you want to use a spell such as moonbeam or flaming sphere that is a constant duration but with a variable damage output,  you cant really click the spell with out having it use up another spell slot.    so i'm wondering if there is a way to work around that?? being able to click the spell but not use up a spell slot.    I have a feeling that some of you are going to be saying "well just turn off spell tracking" lol but you'd be surprised on what my players forget to do when dealing with their character sheets and having multiple sessions by not tracking spell slots. -_- 
Falcon
Pro
Sheet Author
You can create it's own macro for it OR You can do what I do and say that the damage is the same throughout the duration.  I have a druid who uses moonbeam constantly and we just use the same damage consistently until the spell is recast.  Worse case scenario I just have him roll the dice (again he or she can create a quick macro to do this)
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I think I'd just make an entry in the attacks section for it and roll that for the additional damage instances.