Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[3.5] Ranged Sneak Attack Macro

I'm playing a sniper type heavy crossbow using rogue in a 3.5 game. I can't get the macro to work correct. I wanted to have the option of adding my sneak attack to my initial attack  and damage roll. I'm pretty new to Roll20 and the wiki on macro's hasn't really helped me out. Any advise on how to write the whole thing? I would think it would have to include my base attack 1d20, is the target flat footed or surprised, add in your full sneak attack bonus, weapon focus, percise shot, weapon damage and i'll be taking Crossbow Sniper and Improved Crossbow Sniper as well. 

Edited 1472692916
Are you using the D&D 3.5 sheet available on Roll20? If so, that should include a field for Weapon Focus and it will add it appropriately in the macros on the sheet. It also includes a roll query prompt if you are flanking or not, and applies the +2 to hit if you answer yes. Note that normally you cannot flank with a ranged weapon . As for Precise Shot, the current macros on the sheet do not ask about firing into melee, so you just don't apply the penalty. Characters who fire into melee with out Precise Shot should apply -4 when prompted for "Additional Attack Bonus" by the macro. As for Crossbow Sniper and Improved Crossbow Sniper, the sheet allows you to add your full Dex modifier to damage, but does not have an option for 1/2 Dex modifier. There is a way to fix that, though. First, to account for Sneak Attack damage you need to add a new Attribute to your character. Go to the Attributes & Abilities tab of your character's journal. Click the + Add button in the Attributes section on the left. It will drop you down to the bottom of the list of Attributes and add a new blank Attribute. For the Attribute name, delete Untitled and call it something like sneakattack_damage . In the next box, enter your Sneak Attack damage (e.g., 2d6 ). It should look something like this when you're done: Note you will have to return to this field and update it as your Sneak Attack damage increases. Now scroll back to the top, click the Character Sheet tab, and go to the Weapons tab within the sheet. Enter the values for your Heavy Crossbow using the example shown below as a guide. Notice the Weapon Focus field. (Click image to enlarge) Below the weapon's stats there are 6 boxes with macros in them. From left to right: Attack Calc: Delete the contents and replace with the following: (I deleted the references to Flanking and Power Attack, since they don't apply to a crossbow). 1d20cs>@{weapon1critmin} +@{bab}[BAB] +@{epicattackbonus}[Epic AB] + @{weapon1stat}[Ability] +@{size}[Size] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] +?{Additional Attack Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Atk Bon] Attack Macro: (Leave as is) Full Attack Macro: (Leave as is) Damage Calc: Again I have removed the references to Power Attack. I have added the d10 damage die and a Sneak Attack prompt, but there are some differences depending on the Crossbow Sniper feats. Delete the contents and replace with the following if you don't have either Crossbow Sniper feat: 1d10 + @{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] + [[?{Sneak Attack? (only w/in 30 ft) |No, 0 |Yes, @{sneakattack_damage} }]] [Sneak Atk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Dmg Bon] Delete the contents and replace with the following if you have only the Crossbow Sniper feat: Here I am using the floor() function to add half of the Dex modifier. 1d10 + [[floor(@{weapon1damagestat}/2)]] [Weapon Dmg Ability] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] + [[?{Sneak Attack? (only w/in 60 ft) |No, 0 |Yes, @{sneakattack_damage} }]] [Sneak Atk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Dmg Bon] Delete the contents and replace with the following if you have the Improved Crossbow Sniper feat: 1d10 + @{weapon1damagestat}[Weapon Dmg Ability] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] + [[?{Sneak Attack? (only w/in 90 ft) |No, 0 |Yes, @{sneakattack_damage} }]] [Sneak Atk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Dmg Bon] Crit Calc: I have included the d10 damage die and removed the references to Power Attack. Again there are variations depending on whether you have the Crossbow Sniper feats Delete the contents and replace with the following.if you don't have either Crossbow Sniper feat: [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) ]]d10 + [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) ]] *( @{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Additional Damage Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Dmg Bon]) Delete the contents and replace with the following if you have only the Crossbow Sniper feat: [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) ]]d10 + [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) ]] * floor(@{weapon1damagestat}/2) [Weapon Dmg Ability] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Additional Damage Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Dmg Bon]) Delete the contents and replace with the following if you have the Improved Crossbow Sniper feat:  [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) ]]d10 + [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) ]] *( @{weapon1damagestat}[Weapon Dmg Ability] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Additional Damage Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Dmg Bon]) Damage Macro: (Leave as is) Once this is all done, click the roll button between the second and third macro boxes, and it should prompt you for answers and output the results to the chat. Hope this helps.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
I just build a second weapon, and load the sneak attack damage into the damage macro. then you have W1: Crossbow W2: Crossbow Sneak Attack W3: Pointy Stick W4: Point Stick Sneak Attack