Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Count successes but also count number of 1s?

Ok, so in Shadowrun, you roll a number of D6 and every 5 and 6 are counted as a success. Modelling this is easy, with >5. Now, what's also a thing is "If more than half your dice show up as 1s, then it's a glitch". So you roll 7 dice, it's 1,1,1,1,4,5,6 then you got 2 successes but also a glitch. Now, I wonder is there any way to make a dice roll that counts the successes, but also gives some sort of warning if it's a glitch? Or would I need the API for that?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I'm pretty sure you would need an API for that. I think the closest you can get with the dice engine would be to sort sort it's easy to tell.  [[7d6sdcs>5>5]] I think that should give you 7d6 sorted descending with 1s red 5s and 6s green, showing the number of 5s and 6s. Should be green for pure success and blue if you need to inspect the results. Silvyre will probably come correct me though as he's brilliant at these sorts of things. =D
Thanks. Yes I'm already sorting the result, so it's easier to spot, but I was hoping I could get it to be only red/blue when the 1s are too many, not just a single one. But I kinda figured it wouldn't be that easy.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yeah, that's the purview of the API.