Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Color Overlay

Hello!  I've been a user for a while, but I just jumped to pro - probably going to be "pro" for some time , I love it! I have to say you guys really have sold it to me with Dynamic Lights. It is SO easy to manage light and what a character sees or not. I would like to make a small request (that may require a lot of work, or not, I don't know!) Would it be possible to assign a color to global illumination. A tint of some sort not a solid color. This would help in keeping the same map whether it is day or night, by just shifting the color of the global illumination. Thanks! 
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
A great suggestion for sure which I wholly support! There are a couple of existing suggestions that closely fit and might benefit from your vote than a standalone suggestion (consider adding your points to those to ensure your ideas are heard). Different colors to dynamic lighting and light sources Adjustable Global Illumination [Dynamic Lighting] A workable solution in the mean time is to either apply a tint to your map graphic (map layer, double click on the map and apply a tint like you would for a token) or, as I do, upload a transparent graphic which you can stretch over the entire map and apply a tint to that... perfect for atmospheric/twilight scenes. You can even upload slightly 'misty' transparent images and add tints to those for an otherworld feel :)
The transparent graphic is a good alternative. I'll use that until the feature is expanded!
I've used invisible tokens with colored auras to simulate that type of thing as well. Just make sure the token is set so the players see the aura then you can turn it off when it's daytime.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .