Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Viewing your uploads

I don't know why when I try to load the images in a window, it will not load them all but just how far I scroll down. I spent 3 hrs now trying to load all my images (without sorting out images in my library as this does not function for me) to find a specific image. When it was finally done, I time out! This is not workable. Is there any way to make images load without wasting half a day scrolling, scrolling, scrolling and waiting for them to load every little scroll? It drives me nuts and I don't have all day, especially if I need to find an image during a game.
I think your best bet is to use tags to identify your images, and then search for those tags.  My guess is that they are fetching a set number of items and then displaying them until you request more. If they gave you all of your images, the backend would have to load them all before displaying any to you, and you'd likely timeout every time. 
No, I can't rename 1000s of files, just to forget what I have named them. I am a visual person. I need to SEE stuff to know what it is ;-( I also need them open to be able to sort them in folders. If itwouldn't take ages to try and I'd not need most of them I'd just delete it. But I spent hours uploading them and it all seems awaste of time now.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The reason it is loading only as you scroll is because otherwise your browser might time out (for extremly large libraries, like yours). It's the same reason why they switched the tabletop loading to per page rather than everything all at once.
But I time out while waiting for stuff to load. And it really does take waaay too long. It does not really help having storage  space if it turns out to be mostly unusable.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
I always use the My Library menu outside a game when I want all my images on view. I open it in another tab, and page down until it stops loading, which it does about 30 images at a time. Then I can page up and down My Library to my hearts content.  I can't recommend tagging your images with something highly enough. I tag my maps with their features, like "Forest", "Rock", "City", "Tavern". I tag my tokens with "Elven", "Orc", "Sword", "Shield", etc., This way I can quickly find a forest map with rocks, or an orc with a sword. It really does help.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I also tend to tag my tokens with their campaign name and system so it allows me to find all my tokens for my BFRPG games or my to_the_stars game.
I use stuff in multiple campaigns, and with 1000s of images it is just pointless to try and rename them all just to now know what you named it later. Most images I upload are already named beforehand, mostly just with numbers. Not doable. Asides, I may use a token as a giant one time and as something different next, depending on how it looks - tags are just not effective there.