Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e OGL] macro for spells in the attacks and spellcasting box with a spell save DC rather than attack roll

Edited 1473542835
I have this macro for attacks and spells in the attacks and spellcasting box of the 5e OGL sheet: @{selected|wtype}&{template:atk} {{mod=@{selected|repeating_attack_$0_atkbonus} }} {{rname=[@{selected|repeating_attack_$0_atkname}](~selected|repeating_attack_$0_attack_dmg)}} {{rnamec=[@{selected|repeating_attack_$0_atkname}](~selected|repeating_attack_$0_attack_crit)}} {{r1=[[@{selected|repeating_attack_$0_hidden_r1base}@{selected|halflingluck}cs>@{selected|repeating_attack_$0_atkcritrange}@{selected|repeating_attack_$0_hidden_atkbonus} ]] }} @{selected|repeating_attack_$0_hidden_r2base}@{selected|halflingluck}cs>@{selected|repeating_attack_$0_atkcritrange}@{selected|repeating_attack_$0_hidden_atkbonus} ]] }} {{range=@{selected|repeating_attack_$0_atkrange} }} {{desc=@{selected|repeating_attack_$0_atk_desc} }} @{selected|repeating_attack_$0_spelllevel} ammo=@{selected|repeating_attack_$0_ammo} @{selected|charname_output} but it doesn't work for spells with a spell save DC rather than an attack roll. Is there a way to make this work with something like acid splash that appears in the attacks and spellcasting list but has a spell save DC rather than an attack? Thank you
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Skurp, Is that a macro that you made, or is it just what macro is output when you click on your spell? You may find  this thread helpful for 5e OGL roll template questions. Scott
I found the macro by searching for useful 5e macros. I am new to macros and I am capable of minor edits but not so good at coming up with things whole cloth.

Edited 1473558613
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Heh, np. The atk template won't display the save info. You need to use the dmg, atkdmg, or spell templates for that. The dmg template is what is called when you click on that hyperlink that is made in the rname/rnamec fields. For most things, I find it's easiest to simply input everything into the sheet and then use the sheet created macros, although it is useful to know what the template is because then you can tweak things from those pregenerated abilities. Take a look at that thread link above; I've got some pretty detailed explanations about what each field does there. If you want to go the route of making a fully customized ability for your stuff, I'll be happy to help if you need any info after looking at that info.
Thank you. I'll have a look after my game tomorrow and try get it figured out. Thanks for your help!