Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Artist question: Keywording and description

Jan L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hello fellow artists,  I am currently creating a token pack loosely based on a group of heroes from the Dragonlance adventures. I make sure that the individual tokens deviate enough from the original artwork and descriptions that it would not be a copyright problem. However I wonder about keywording and description. I would love the tokenpack to be found under the keyword Dragonlance. Could I for example in the description use a following sentence without getting in to trouble? : "These tokens are inspired by the heroes of Dragonlance." or could I just add "Dragonlance" in the keywords? In the world of Dragonlance there is a race called "Kender". Can I use this as a keyword?  I would love to hear your guys opinion about this. Thanks, Jan

Edited 1473709538
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
You will have to be careful on what you use for naming and tagging your assets. There are IP copyright issues at play on somethings. I think "Kender" and "Dragonlance" is names owned by the corporation that owns the D&D system (some say WoTC and others point to a bigger corp behind them) and they are rather protective of their IP. While waiting for replies drop an email to the devs and find out what they require in terms of naming and tagging requirements.&nbsp; Devs email contact: <a href="mailto:Team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">Team@roll20.net</a>
cecil h.
Marketplace Creator
You'd be better off by giving them keywords of a descriptive nature anyways. Once your pack moves from the "recent upload" area to the rest of the market, people will find it by searching keywords. You are more likely to sell assets that are tagged human[blonde,warrior,male].png than dragonlanceguy[dragon,lance,kender].png. If your keywording broadly describes the token, more people will see it in basic searches. I imagine more people are looking for generic warrior males than they are looking for Dragonlance dudes.
Jan L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks Cecil, that is a good tip.&nbsp;