Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Cross-Campaign Synchronization for Macros, API, pages, jukebox, etc.

Edited 1474253006
The transmogrifier is an amazing tool for swapping your pages, characters, and handouts, but I feel that a majority of my time spent on Roll20 these days, especially when beginning a new campaign, is spent moving and copying all my important data between my campaigns.  Typically, I will create a dummy campaign that has all my data in it, with blank players and characters, then duplicate it so that every child of that parent campaign has the same original info and macros. The problem lies in the fact that I come across new macros and tools to use when GMming, and suddenly I have 4-6 campaigns that need to be updated with the new tools. This results in a lot of logging in and out of campaigns and even more Copy and Pasting . Perhaps for at least macros and jukebox, we could have a single, account wide jukebox and macro set, where each entity in the list may be tagged with a campaign you have. For example, if I have an "Initiative Roll" macro that I want to be in every one of my 5e campaigns, I will make one single macro on my whole account, then tag it with each campaign I want it to be a part of. With this change, macros and jukebox playlists can be organized in such a way that one edit to a macro will affect every campaign, or one change in a playlist that you frequently use will alter all of the corresponding playlists in all tagged campaigns. Is this something viable, reasonable, or even necessary? TL,DR: Make jukebox, macro, or even some page assets capable of being account wide, shareable, or taggable with your campaign names.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .