Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Status FX - hide status option?

Edited 1474331880
DM
Pro
Hello Really love the status FX script. I am trying to use it in a somewhat different way and was wondering if you could help. On my map in game, I have a statue. On the token layer, I have an invisible token. I place this invisible token over the statue. I then set the status to the invisible token. The token is using a custom script where fire blasts from the out for a short period of time. I also have a clock status and fist status which are attached to a FX where nothing happens. So basically, it looks like the statue shoots fire for 1.5 seconds and stops shooting for 3 seconds. Repeat. It works great and the effect is neat. However, the small problem I have is that the status symbols show on the invisible token. There doesn't seem to be a way with roll20 to turn off/hide status for some tokens while keeping them on for others. It's not a big deal, but the players can see the symbols on the invisible token and know somethings up. Do you believe its possible to alter the code a bit to add a checkbox that ether hides the status symbol from the players view (but still shows for DM) or hides the symbol all together? Not asking you to do it, but just wondering if it was possible. I know you can create custom tokens using Custom Status Markers (and I can create invisible markers there), but the current code has one status fx for all Custom Status Markers and not one status fx for each custom status marker. So while I can do the beam of flame to the left side as an invisible status, I cannot do any other invisible symbols to do other things (such as shoot fire to the right) as all custom symbols must use the same fx. I know this is not what the tool was made for, but any help would be very appreciated. Thanks for the great tool Steve
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Try moving the invisible token to the GM Layer, where players can't see it.

Edited 1474339070
DM
Pro
Moving the token to the GM layer stops the status fx. Ill play around with it. Ill play with the code and see if I can get it to trigger on the DM layer
I don't know if this will cover what you are trying to do, but The Aaron wrote a nice script for me that sounds like it might fit the bill. Take a look and see: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3130884/script-request-activate-fx-effect-randomly-on-selected-tokens/?pageforid=3130884#post-3130884" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3130884/script-request-activate-fx-effect-randomly-on-selected-tokens/?pageforid=3130884#post-3130884</a>
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
(Though, note that my script doesn't persist across restarts of the API, so it's really better for per session effects you want to toggle on with a macro.)

Edited 1474342522
DM
Pro
I will take a look at it. PageFX is also a valid solution. After playing with it, I am accomplishing what I am trying to do. Though, being able to turn them on with a macro sounds good too. I don't need them to persist when the API restarts. Thanks for the help Edit: Here is how it looks with PageFX. I am trying to have the effect come from one location only (it moves around a little bit. Ether middle, a little lower, or a little higher).
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You actually can set separate status FX for different custom status markers.&nbsp; In the "custom" status option, just separate each status:fx pair with a pipe '|'. E.G. sleep: glow-holy|stars: beam-fire [2,3]
Stephen L. said: You actually can set separate status FX for different custom status markers.&nbsp; In the "custom" status option, just separate each status:fx pair with a pipe '|'. E.G. sleep: glow-holy|stars: beam-fire [2,3] OHHHHHhhh. Reading the information that comes with the script actually informs people on how to do it. How about that. Thank you. This is exactly what I need. Is there a limit to the number of pipes?
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There is no limit. Go nuts!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Can you assign multiple effects to the same status? sleep: glow-holy|sleep: beam-fire [2,3]
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No, it uses whichever one is defined for that status last. If there's some demand for being able to use multiple FX for one status, I can see about implementing that in a future version though.
I second the multiple effects. Instead of using three different status effects, I can use one status with multiple effects. How would you see timing to work for something like that? Like effect one lasts x milliseconds and effect two lasts y milliseconds or would they have to be the same timing? &nbsp;
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I would allow both by allowing a keyword to be specified optionally as the first item in the FX list. If the keyword is the first item in the list, the FX will spawn concurrently. Otherwise, they will spawn sequentially.