Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Ability to wiew the map as the players see it.

I would really like to see the ability for the GM to switch between the more complex GM-screen to a players point of wiew. I like to check that the scenario looks just the way I want it to before I let the players in. Especially when I make use of dynamic lighting or fog of war. At the moment I use my wife's account running alongside my own but a button to switch back and forth with would be awesome.
There is a button for that to re-log you into a game as a player to see what a player sees, but there's a delay on it if you're looking for a dynamic switch this isn't quite that The button in question is at the bottom of "My Settings" -> "Rejoin as Player" and when you are a player the same place has a "rejoin as GM"
Daft as I am, I didn't even see that option. Just what I wanted. And since I only need it for setup delay is not a problem. Thanks a bunch Tanice. :)
No problem. Admittedly after first setting your basics, that tab is probably ignored. I may not have realized it myself if I had started roll20 as a player first and not a GM.