Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Macros] Default Attributes

Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Is there a list of default attributes for Tokens? I, for the life of me, can't find if there is something like... @{target|player_name} as a standard item. I am basically hoping to have a tiny Macro that will work to do: /w @{target|player_name} ((Insert prebuilt message here)) I'm sure other uses will come up, but that's the first one that springs to mind.

Edited 1474714316
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
Off of the top of my head, there's: token_name bar1 bar2 bar3 If the token is linked to a character sheet, you can also call any attribute from the sheet by targeting the token. For example:  @{target|str} would call the str attribute from the linked sheet.
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
There's also: @{selected|bar1|max} It won't let me use the |max command with the @{Target} stuff, I'm assuming to stop players from gleaning info they shouldn't know of mobs for example.

Edited 1474723582
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
And if the token is character linked, @{selected|character_name} will always work. Beyond that and what has been mentioned already tho, any defaults would depend on your sheet/system. Edit: you may find this thread useful:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3992570/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3992570/slug%7D</a>
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Thanks Scott, Didn't realise that Whispers aimed at tokens travel 'up'.

Edited 1474726815
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Also, something good to do for this is to put the attribute call for the whisper target in quotes so that multi-word names don't leave fragments behind in the message. Edit: I hate phone keyboards.