Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Final Fantasy RPG 3rd Edition Initial Release!

Greetings one and all! I am please to announce that after much delay I have finally gone public with my first official release of the Final Fantasy RPG 3rd Edition Character Sheet! What is FFRPG? FFRPG 3e is the third edition of a venerable line of RPGs modeled after Final Fantasy gameplay, and was developed by a group calling itself Returner Games, Inc. Unfortunately, most of the developers responsible fell down the ‘real life’ tree and hit at least a few branches. There’s still a small community around it, however. How did you make this sheet? To give credit where it is due, my sheet is actually an extensively modified version of John Myles's sheet (Actoba on Roll20.net) for D&D 5th Edition. I wrote my modifications late last year in notepad++, originally just for myself and a few friends, but after receiving numerous requests I decided to resubscribe and publish my results in case there are any other fanboys out there still using this system. I found a bug! / Will there be more updates? Please report any issues you find and I will be happy to fix it. In the future I hope to make this sheet even better based on your feedback. Currently the sheet supports a considerable amount of automation that makes combat go much quicker than would be possible at a table, especially when Token macros are used correctly. Eventually I will put together a guide in an effort to help anyone who's interested in writing token macros for their characters. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Thank you for your interest. If even one other person finds this sheet useful, then I won't feel like I completely wasted my time.

Edited 1475077913
Thank you! I don't play FFRPG 3E anymore, but it is always nice to see it still has some following.  Do you intend on making a char sheet for the FFRPG 4E?   EDIT: Just created a a test game and saw the sheet in action. It is fantastic! I think it is the best FFRPG 3E sheet I ever saw in any form or medium!

Edited 1475082532
Kiyomi N.
Sheet Author
Hmmm... I haven't actually played 4th edition but I have been working on a revised edition myself to address some of the more glaring issues I've found with 3e. Nothing nearly as dramatic as SeeD or 4th edition though. I may consider writing a 4th Edition Sheet if there is enough of a request. Also, if you're ever interested in FFRPG 3e again, i'll be running games pretty soon! :)
Yo Kiyomi it would be great like Bruno said if we could get a 4th E version no problem if you cant.
Noted. I would need to become much more familiar with 4th edition but it is certainly doable.
Goodguypie said: Yo Kiyomi it would be great like Bruno said if we could get a 4th E version no problem if you cant. same
Lots of 4th edition fanboys on here, eh? Glad to see it :)
With no documentation on how your sheet uses the token macros, the automation features appear to be currently unusable. I tried inputting all of the common ways that Roll20 would parse a roll, to find that none of them actually provide me with a roll - merely a text output telling me what my calculations should be. The sheet, like the FFRPG in general, isn't terribly user-friendly at the moment. Which is a shame. It looks nice though.
I'm actually putting together a guide as we speak for token macros, including templates you can use. I also intend to add more hover over text popup hints throughout the sheet to explain how certain things work together. I appreciate the feedback Animus and I hope my first major update addresses your concerns. Look for it next week :)
Been playing the 4th edition. And was wanting to make a game myself at some point. A character sheet for Roll20 would be a huge help for me to teach the game to others. 
Playing 4th, I haven't played 3rd in... uh.... let's see.... 2007?
Playing 4th, never heard of 3rd, so yeah, highly interested in the sheet
Kiyomi N. said: I'm actually putting together a guide as we speak for token macros, including templates you can use. I also intend to add more hover over text popup hints throughout the sheet to explain how certain things work together. I appreciate the feedback Animus and I hope my first major update addresses your concerns. Look for it next week :) Any chance of getting some basics on how the sheet macros are intended to work? I'd like to do some testing of the macros to figure out what API scripts best fit with the system/sheet. But given I can't figure them out, it does make that a bit of a challenge.

Edited 1475543255
Kiyomi N.
Sheet Author
I'll be posting a tutorial soon. Hang in there!

Edited 1478146562
Kiyomi N.
Sheet Author
Final Fantasy 3 rd Edition Macro Tutorial Basic information regarding the weapon. Your skill level here is added with your Accuracy to determine your base CoS of hitting an enemy with your attack. These check boxes will determine whether the specified fields populate in the result of your roll. For example, if your Weapon has the Poison Touch effect, ensure you check the appropriate box, otherwise the Effect CoS Macro you input below won't show up in the chat box. These buttons expand or collapse the options below. You do not need to have them expanded for them to work, only if you wish to edit them. This is what will be displayed in the chat box describing your attack. For example: @{selected|token_name} 's blade cuts through the air in a vicious swing. This field is for describing the physical appearance of your weapon and any special effects it might have. This does not show up in the chat as part of your roll result, and is purely for keeping track of what your weapon is supposed to do and adding some 'flavour text' to your sheet. For example: A s mall straight sword excelling in thrusting attacks. Shortsword inflicts (2 × STR) + d10, Armor Physical damage. Your Attack Macro should look like this: [[{d100cs<@{weaponcrit}cf>9 5 }]] This will roll a d100 and check your Weapon Crit attribute to see if a critical has been scored. Weapon Crit is explained below. Your Threshold Macro should look like this: [[(@{weaponskill}+@{accuracy})- @{target|evasion} ]] This will display your combined Accuracy Attribute (which should already be factoring in your job's Accuracy bonus) and Skill Rating in the appropriate weapon. If your attack roll above is less than this number, and isn't a botch (95+), then you hit! If your weapon grants any sort of recovery effect, for example, HP Drain, you can make a note of it here. Make sure you check the Healing box above if you want this to display in your chat/roll results! If this weapon has the ability to cancel a status on hit, for example, a sword that cancels Barrier or Strengthen-type effects, make note of that here. Make sure you check the St Cancel box above if you want this to display in your chat/roll results! This field will be equal to your Combat Crit Attribute, unless this weapon has Critical+ or Critical++. Your damage macro should be relatively simple and should be written out with your weapons damage scale multiplied by the specified attribute for your weapon, plus the dice used by that weapon. For example: [[(2*@{strength})+[[d10]]]] Make sure you check the Damage box above if you want this to display in your chat/roll results! Input your damage type here, for example: Physical, Fire Elemental or Magical. If you weapon has any sort of Status-based Effect, Blind Strike, Poison Touch, etc, make sure you list it here. Up to three Status Effects are supported. The name field is pretty straight forward. As for the CoS Macro, that depends on the type of Effect. Thankfully Weapon CoS tends to be rather easy. Touch Effects have a CoS of 30 while Strike Effects have a CoS of 60. Put whichever number applies in this box. Finally, Duration should be send to either ∞ or however many rounds until the Status Effect automatically expires. Make sure you check the Effect 1-3 box above if you want these to display in your chat/roll results! This final field is for any other, non-Status based effects such as [Element] Strikes, [Enemy Type] Killer, Headhunter, etc. Make sure you check the Special box above if you want this reminder to display in your chat/roll results! And now for the moment you've all be waiting for, without further adieu I give you… the token macro! &{template:FFRPG} {{title=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weapon_name}}} {{subheader=@{character_name}}} {{subheaderright=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weapon_type}}} {{emote=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weapon_description}}} {{weaponshowtarget=1}} {{target=@{target|token_name}}} {{targetarmor=[[(@{target|armor})]]}} {{targetmarmor=[[(@{target|marmor})]]}} {{weaponshowrange=1}} {{weaponrange=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponrange}}} {{weaponshowthreshold=1}} {{weaponthreshold=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponthreshold}}} {{weaponshowattack=1}} {{weaponattack=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponattackroll}}} {{weaponshowhealing=1}} {{weaponhealing=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponhealmacro}}} {{weaponshowstatuscancel=1}} {{weaponstatuscancel=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponstatuscancel}}} {{weaponshowdamage=1}} {{weapondamage=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weapondamage} @{repeating_weapons_$0_weapondamagetype}}} {{weaponshowspecial=1}} {{weaponspecial=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponspecial}}} {{weaponshoweffect1=1}} {{weaponeffectname1=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponeffectname1}}} {{weaponeffectduration1=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponeffectduration1}}} {{weaponeffectcos1=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponeffect1}}} {{weaponeffectroll1=[[1d100]]}} {{weaponshoweffect2=1}} {{weaponeffectname2=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponeffectname2}}} {{weaponeffectduration2=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponeffectduration2}}} {{weaponeffectcos2=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponeffect2}}} {{weaponeffectroll2=[[1d100]]}} {{weaponshoweffect3=1}} {{weaponeffectname3=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponeffectname3}}} {{weaponeffectduration3=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponeffectduration3}}} {{weaponeffectcos3=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponeffect3}}} {{weaponeffectroll3=[[1d100]]}} Pretty daunting, eh? I promise it's not nearly as complex as it looks though. In fact, much of it won't even be required for every weapon attack. Allow me to break it down for you… &{template:FFRPG} {{title=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weapon_name}}} → Displays the Weapon's name. {{subheader=@{character_name}}} {{subheaderright=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weapon_type}}} → Displays the character's name and the type of the weapon. {{emote=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weapon_description}}} → Displays the description of the attack using the weapon. {{weaponshowtarget=1}} {{target=@{target|token_name}}} → Displays the name of your target. {{targetarmor=[[(@{target|armor})]]}} {{targetmarmor=[[(@{target|marmor})]]}} → Displays your target's armor and magic armor (so you don't have to look it up). {{weaponshowrange=1}} {{weaponrange=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponrange}}} → Displays the range of the weapon. {{weaponshowthreshold=1}} {{weaponthreshold=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponthreshold}}} → Displays your CoS to hit with this weapon. {{weaponshowattack=1}} {{weaponattack=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponattackroll}}} → Displays the results of your attack roll. {{weaponshowhealing=1}} {{weaponhealing=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponhealmacro}}} → Displays the weapon's healing effects. {{weaponshowstatuscancel=1}} {{weaponstatuscancel=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponstatuscancel}}} → Displays which status effects, if any, this weapons cancels on hit. {{weaponshowdamage=1}} {{weapondamage=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weapondamage} @{repeating_weapons_$0_weapondamagetype}}} → Displays the weapon's damage and type. {{weaponshowspecial=1}} {{weaponspecial=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponspecial}}} {{weaponshoweffect1=1}} → Displays the weapon's special, non-status effects. {{weaponeffectname1=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponeffectname1}}} {{weaponeffectduration1=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponeffectduration1}}} {{weaponeffectcos1=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponeffect1}}} {{weaponeffectroll1=[[1d100]]}} → Displays the the weapon's 1st status effect and roll results. {{weaponshoweffect2=1}} {{weaponeffectname2=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponeffectname2}}} {{weaponeffectduration2=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponeffectduration2}}} {{weaponeffectcos2=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponeffect2}}} {{weaponeffectroll2=[[1d100]]}} → Displays the the weapon's 2nd status effect and roll results. {{weaponshoweffect3=1}} {{weaponeffectname3=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponeffectname3}}} {{weaponeffectduration3=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponeffectduration3}}} {{weaponeffectcos3=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weaponeffect3}}} {{weaponeffectroll3=[[1d100]]}} → Displays the the weapon's 3rd status effect and roll results. If something does not apply to your weapon, for example, if your weapon doesn't have any healing effects or doesn't cancel any status effects, leave out that segment. It's worth nothing that regardless of which section you have set to show up on the Weapon tab of your character sheet, if you include that section in your macro, the field will display in the chat box for your roll results. Also worth mentioning is that the above macro assumes that you are attacking with your primary weapon only. If your character has an alternate weapon, or is dual wielding different weapons, you will need to modify the macro slightly for the second weapon. If this is your second weapon, replace every instance of “repeating_weapons_$0_” with “repeating_weapons_$1_”. If this is your third weapon in the list, replace it with “repeating_weapons_$2_” instead, and so on. I believe this about sums up everything you should need to know for using the Weapon tab and the Weapon-based token macros. If there's any other questions, or if you have any issues feel free to ask. I will be writing up a similar tutorials for Spell, Job Abilities and NPC Actions soon, though using this as a reference, it's not to difficult to write macros for the other types of actions if you know what you're doing.
I also updated the sheet to fix a few bugs I found while making this macro guide haha As for the 4th edition sheet... I am still strongly considering it. But it will take a lot of time to do it and considering its not something I would use personally (at least not any time soon) I can't justify putting it above my 3rd edition revisions. I will give it some thought over the next few weeks though!
So I've had a conversation with the creator of 4th Edition and he's fully in support of having a sheet made (no surprise there). So I will be putting some thought into how to go about this and once in done with my current revisions to 3rd Edition i will be officially starting work on a 4th Edition sheet.
Just now realizing that the creator had already posted earlier in this thread... Lol

Edited 1476898893
Just wanted to note that I really appreciate your effort (I noted this over on Reddit, but hey, worth repeating :D ) and this has basically single-handedly kick-started an FFRPG campaign in my regular group (since 4e isn't really to our liking but our experience with 3e has been good so far). I'm a bit confused about the attack macro though. If built as you recommend, isn't the target selection somewhat redundant since the "target" - in your example, at least - is assumed to be the character carrying out the attack and no reference is made to the actual target (for which the ARM and MARM stats would be relevant, so I assume that as the idea at some point). I realize that this is easy to fix, but I'm actually more of a fan of not having to have tokens for everything on the field, so I'd like to skip the selection step. Is there any way to do that or make the target selection optional? Edit: Also, on another note - I don't quite understand how I am supposed to enter the ARM/M.ARM modifier due to VIT and SPR. The calculation for default arm/marm seems to deliver pretty weird results regardless of what I enter. Edit b: I seem to have figured it out. Seems the number is just multiplied with the sum of armor, so it would have to be 1.15, 1.10 for VIT 6 (+15%), SPR 4 (+10%), for example, correct? Another Edit: The critical formula for NPCs doesn't seem to work since it looks for the weaponcrit variable, which is not set when using the NPC sheet - though maybe this is just because the variable is named different here and I'm just being somewhat dull right now :D Edit 2b: For posterity: [[{d100cs<@{attackcritrange}cf>95}]] is what's needed if anyone copied the formula from the above post into the NPC sheet and is wondering - also, weaponskill must be removed from the thresh-formula:)

Edited 1477172447
Kiyomi N.
Sheet Author
Thanks monsterfurby! As always I appreciate any and all feedback and I can certain work out a way to make the target selection optional. I use it because it can pull the stats from the target you click, IE it's arm and m.arm which made for quick damage calculations. The difference is between the 'selected target' vs the 'targeted token'. As for your Spirit and Vitality questions, yes you are absolutely correct :) If you have any other questions or want to talk in real time about the sheet, feel free to PM me and I can give you my skype info.
Seems like there's an issue where the Job Ability mechanics don't show up when you use them. Not sure if that's intended, or if you had intended for rules text to go somewhere else, but as it is, it makes Job abilities that don't have damage, or status effects hard to use, as the rules text has to go into the flavour box. Examples would be any SOS ability, or the entire Counter Magic command.
This is intended as the mechanics box is mostly there to inform you how the ability should work. I would use the 'Special' field in order to display the mechnical text if necessary.

Edited 1478100575
Other issues that have come up: Using the attack macro button, results in "SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but "S" found." when I attempt to attack an NPC. This is using all of the macros as you posted them here - no variation. Can't confirm if this occurs with job abilities - I haven't made an attempt to test this yet. (&nbsp; <a href="https://gyazo.com/22a12f1debd552baf4293aed6f930eda" rel="nofollow">https://gyazo.com/22a12f1debd552baf4293aed6f930eda</a>... ). &nbsp;Resolved this. It is not clear. Skill doesn't actually call your weapon skill (making it feel like the Weapon Skills on the skills page isn't of any value; I initially put Swords, because that was, logically, the skill you'd call for using Swords). EDIT: Still an issue here: the formula given doesn't actually call the target's evasion, which makes the CoS Threshold off, and potentially causes problems for players who don't realize that. A simple fix, but should probably be adjusted in the macro-writing section. The Scan Results button reveals nothing, for some reason. Monster sheet is filled out with all of the basics that Scan reveals. ( <a href="https://gyazo.com/914101b4fa96e04936dafc7e41fb4ca0" rel="nofollow">https://gyazo.com/914101b4fa96e04936dafc7e41fb4ca0</a> )&nbsp;

Edited 1478147444
Kiyomi N.
Sheet Author
Yes I already corrected the evasion issue on my end but I forgot to update the guide. Will do so. The correct macro should be: [[(@{weaponskill}+@{accuracy})- @{target|evasion} ]] Hmm... The scan feature I thought if fixed but I will look at again. As far as the Weapon Skill, I'm sure I could get that to work but the main reason I have weapon skills on the skills page is to keep track of all your skill ranks in one place. It would make sense if I could get it to draw your weapon skill stat from the skills page though, saving you from having to type it or update it in two different places. I'll look into that. Thanks for the feedback!
I have resolved the scan problem and even wrote a macro that can be used as a token ability :D I will push my changes to github when I get home tomorrow and post a complete version of my character sheet tutorial (including templates for every macro type) early next week!