Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Duplicating Page should copy whole page including all layers

There should be an option to actually Duplicate the Page with all layers and tokens, maps, drawings, etc.
Falcon
Pro
Sheet Author
Yes - I thought that was what it meant and then I found out that it doesn't duplicate anything but the stats.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Would be very helpful alongside John C's awesome inventory script!

Edited 1423330995
Paladintodd
KS Backer
Agreed. The current Duplicate Page should at least be renamed Duplicate Settings. Would be nice if the duplicate had a list of check boxes on what you want duplicated: * Settings * Token layer * Map layer * GM layer (Yes, I'm aware you can duplicate the settings, then go back to your old map, then Ctrl+A your layer, then go back to the new map, then Ctrl+V, then Ctrl+A and move things around. Too many steps. I've got a base map laid out how I want it. Need an easy way to just copy that and start tweaking for what I want.)
I second this!
I need this so bad. I often make two versions of the same map. (Having one you can "destroy" without having to clean up afterwards is a great thing.)
+1
Really surprised that this basic function hasn't been corrected in some way. Seems like an easy fix.
+1
+1
+1
+1 This would be so helpful with sandbox campaigns like the Kingmaker one I'm running. "So here's a forest clearing with a trap, and over there is a suspiciously similar forest clearing with some monsters..."
I agree completely. I just ran into this issue in trying to set up pages quickly and use some existing pages as a basis. Please add this functionality!
+1
+1 This would be very helpful when you use a map you made yourself in many different encounters.
+1
I think so too.
+1 Totally agree. 
+1 Would be great
For those of you with Pro access, there is a workaround using the Transmogrifier. Copy the map to another campaign, maybe rename it so you can tell the difference, then copy it back. I actually do all my map editing in a master "Archive" campaign and then copy them into my real campaigns when it's time to use it. That way if I break it or need a fresh copy, just grab it again from "Archive." (I still support this idea, but just FYI.)
+1 it'd be great for my FATE games where the "map" is actually a marked play space with token representing Fatepoints and Stress etc.  I know a few people who do it this way
There have been several instances in my games where this would have been useful. Illusory versions of rooms, multiple floors with the same design, breaking up an exceptionally long corridor into several maps, most of them featuring items on all three layers  I'm very much in support of this.
Agree! I hate to have to manually copy each thing each time!!
+1
+1 for me too, i JUST did a duplicate page, and i was like what the heck...doesnt duplicate everything on the page.  lol but this is a big one for me. hope it gets implemented.  
Gold
Forum Champion
Pixelscapes said: For those of you with Pro access, there is a workaround using the Transmogrifier. Copy the map to another campaign, maybe rename it so you can tell the difference, then copy it back. I actually do all my map editing in a master "Archive" campaign and then copy them into my real campaigns when it's time to use it. That way if I break it or need a fresh copy, just grab it again from "Archive." (I still support this idea, but just FYI.) @Demonic @xTimmyx Be sure to notice this workaround tip from Pixelscapes posted earlier in the thread. This is a way to make a full page copy, if you are Pro subscriber.
+1 on this ...  It should just allow you to create a map, put your tokens on it, and then duplicate the entire thing.  That way you can create maps and reset them easily when your done.  That would be great.
Please make it work like this. Copying maps is a real pain otherwise. 
This is a super pain... I keep running into reasons why it's not worth subbing.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Remuz the Forgotten said: Please make it work like this. Copying maps is a real pain otherwise.  As a Pro subscriber you can always transmogrify the page to another game, rename the page you just moved, and then transmogrify it back again to create an identical copy of it at that moment in time... all can be done from the same game VTT and it takes less than a minute, it is the main reason I have a game named Atlas :)
+1. The transmogrifier workaround is an ugly hack, and does not address the larger problem that "duplicate page" does not do what everyone thinks it will. Fix or rename please!
Seconding what Brad just said above: and have a suggestion: rename the current 'duplicate page' to "Copy Current Parameters" and make "Duplicate Page" work like a quick Transmogrifier copy but only be available to Plus Users...
+1
Gold
Forum Champion
Alexei Y-M. said: rename the current 'duplicate page' to "Copy Current Parameters"&nbsp; "Copy Page Settings" for consistency with existing terminology.&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Page_Settings" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Page_Settings</a>
+1, this seems like an obvious one.
This seems like it would be an excellent draw to get people to sign up for at least the Plus subscriber level, if it was only available to Plus or Pro subscribers. Look at all the regular accounts on this thread that would be tempted by that! 😉
I'm a pro subscriber and I couldn't figure out the transmorgifier thing so I just had to do it the hard way. I would really like a simple way to just do this.
Transmogrifier can't duplicate a page in one campaign, only between campaigns (so copy to somewhere you don't want the page then copy back - painful). I like maps that can change during play, working on a copy page would be great so as to not destroy the initial setup.
Yes please. I need this currently in my game.&nbsp;
Wow. I've moved on to not one other system for playing online but TWO systems and this feature is still not implemented. What a shame.
You can do this with Pro, Transmogrify to another game (export it) and then back again (import it), and all the layers etc come with it.
Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it.
I also whole heatedly supports this
+1
Why has it been 2 years without this changing? +1
I was wondering the same thing +1
+1 this is what I keep expecting it to do, and if the Transmogrify functionality is there, this should do it for you, even if that's a hacky answer.

Edited 1498235806
Just like my post on resource organization, this is, once again, a core functionality issue. &nbsp;This should have been year one development. &nbsp;That, five years later, included in the list of the top suggestions are things like "ability to duplicate assets," "sort alphabetically," and "put things into folders" is unacceptable. &nbsp;Those are not things we should have to be asking for, much less still asking for half a decade later. &nbsp;
This is one of the things that would tip me into signing up for a paid account &nbsp;:)
Gold
Forum Champion
Roach said: This is one of the things that would tip me into signing up for a paid account &nbsp;:) With a paid Pro account, you can duplicate a whole page, by using the Transmogrify tool (a Pro perk) to copy a full page. Hope this helps! It's still not exactly the same as this Suggestion thread, but it is another way of accomplishing the result.
Christopher R. said: Just like my post on resource organization, this is, once again, a core functionality issue. &nbsp;This should have been year one development. &nbsp;That, five years later, included in the list of the top suggestions are things like "ability to duplicate assets," "sort alphabetically," and "put things into folders" is unacceptable. &nbsp;Those are not things we should have to be asking for, much less still asking for half a decade later. &nbsp; So much this. This is why I can't bring myself to subscribe. This tool lacks some core functionality that I can't justify paying for.