Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Day and Night lighting affects?

Edited 1382190250
Hello, I am not sure if this was mentioned previously. But what about the idea of being able to make the current map you are on have daylight, dusk, or night time lighting. I am not talking as black as night like how Fog of war works, but just a little option to keep the map at normal, dim, or dimmer for night time. Say for camp sites and what not. I have seen this before in another one of the VTP's but I really think this option would be a great addition to Roll20! Maybe even make this another perk for the subscription levels! There ya go! And I wont even charge you for that idea! hehe David

Edited 1382207089
Gauss
Forum Champion
As a workaround: a token with the light radius set to the size of the map with the second value set to 0 will make the map dim (more or less). - Gauss

Edited 1382218617
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Move the map image to the tokens layer. Edit the token. Change the "Tint Color" to black. Save the token. Move the token back to the map layer. That's for nighttime dimming, obviously. (And this could be tedious for a map made of many images.) Setting the tint color to transparent will restore its normal appearance. Setting the color to white will make the image appear washed out (the same look as a token on the GM layer). You can try experimenting with other colors, too. The difference isn't huge, but it's noticeable, especially with bigger images.
Good idea, thanks Gauss and Brian! Dave
my thought was to somehow get a transparent image with a pre-existing tint and use it as like a film cover by resizing it to cover the entire map. I'm not sure how well that would work but that would be really cool to have a button that does that. I don't have nor would I use dynamic lighting because my players would abuse it, specifically one of my players would abuse it. Though I wish I did have a circle tool for revealing areas.