Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question about a type of game.

Edited 1476182584
Good day, I am wondering If anyone has any idea if those types of games exists here, since I am sure they would be fun. The type of I am talking about are Post apocalypse survival style of D&D, Where You do manage your needs accordingly, not just food & thirst, but a bit more like sanity, and if you have a sick character with let say asthma you would have to take care of it rather than just a side debuff. And not just the standard apocalypse, but  something with a small twist, like The fallout universe not just normal post world war 3, or even a zombie apocalypse with sort of a twist where zombies hate the sunlight & are able to use their hearing more than sight. rather than just mindless bodies swarming you, or even sort of a plague but again with a twist. BUT STILL maintaining the D&D fun where you still have stats & need to take care of your actions. for example if you got a fallout style you will have S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats, skills, traits & perks.  Is there anything like this ? It would be nice to change a bit from the normal fantasy D&D. the main problem would be time since I see most people here are from the west (USA,canada,south america) rather than europe.  It really would be nice to be able to establish a group & a DM for such a game. Edit: I do know there is a Fallout spread sheet (and hopefully other kinds of modern/sci fi ones for the likes), But my question is, do people even play those type of Games? I couldnt find anything. even in different time zones. 
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There are many users active on Roll20 from around the world (UK here) and a wide variety of systems and games running on a daily basis so I have no doubt that your idea would garner some interest, in fact it is quite likely that such games are already running! Your best bet would be to post in the  LFG forum to generate some interest and see if you can find someone to run it... or run it yourself :) The more niche systems may not run as frequently as the more popular ones so again the LFG forum is your best place to find like minded individuals. In terms of actually discussing the way in which the game would be played, that would need to be either offsite or in a games private forum due to the reason below: From the Roll20 Community Code of Conduct : The Roll20 Forums exist to discuss topics directly related to the use of the Roll20 program. Anything that more fittingly could be discussed on another website SHOULD be discussed there. Here are some good places to discuss this topic: /r/rpg
Thanks for the answer, I thought about trying in LFG first, but didnt knew it would fit for such a question first. 
B Simon Smith
Marketplace Creator
I'm sure there is. I ran something similar a few years back, using Maptool, and I'm sure Roll20 would be just as easy.
B Simon Smith said: I'm sure there is. I ran something similar a few years back, using Maptool, and I'm sure Roll20 would be just as easy. Problem is finding people  & a Dm for it, As well as a good rule set that fits in nicely. And how would one post about it. I have no idea how I should write to attract people to such a game. 
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I would start by using the various reddit forums, the rpg one is a nice place to start. Put the idea out there and appeal for system ideas and format help. From that you'll get a good sense of what will 'work' best and can then begin the recruiting process here to find players and a GM if you aren't wanting to run it yourself. Your OP here would be a good start to appeal to the reddit community?
Ill try reddit, hopefully it works.