Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] 6.5.1+

Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet This is the redesigned Shaped character sheet for use on Roll20.net with the 5th edition of Dungeons & Dragons (5e). The sheet is designed to be usable by all Roll20 users regardless of subscription level. If you are updating an existing campaign I highly recommend you duplicate your campaign and use that to copy data over. I also recommend starting each character from a fresh sheet. Shaped Character Sheet Companion Script Documentation Please report any bugs in the issues tab or on this thread. They will however be tracked on the issues tab Features High performance sheet without the lag of old versions (100% sheet workers) Improved styling to match the 5e paper sheet with nearly all elements clickable to output to chat Compendium Integration for NPCs, Armor, Equipment, Spells, Weapons NPC actions and traits are parsed and clickable. Customizable skills with the option to change the ability on the fly Translations (English and French so far) Auto populated Class Features which include things like Lay on Hands or Sneak Attack Spells with filtering and the option to cast at a higher level Customizable Classes - Change Name, HD, or spellcasting level of the classes Armor - Covers normal armor as well as unarmored ability cases like monk, barbarian, etc. Equipment with gold and weight automatically calculated. Equipment Items are clickable from the core page for items like Potion of Healing Attachers can be used to remind yourself to add to saving throws while within 10 feet of your paladin Extra features: Jack of all trades, halfling luck, vision, movement, appearance. Settings for how to output all rolls, death saves, initiative, etc Roll settings to choose to always roll with advantage, disadvantage, or query for both Optional bonuses to all skills, abilities, saving throws, etc. How to Update the sheet yourself (as Pro): Copy the html from github In Roll20 go to campaign settings and choose a custom character sheet. Choose D&D 5e as the SRD In the HTML tab paste the HTML code Copy the css from github On Roll20 in the CSS tab paste the CSS code. Copy the translation from the appropriate file on github (en is English, fr is French, de is German, it is Italian, etc) On Roll20 in the Translation tab paste the JSON from the appropriate file. Hit save. Contribute Since many have asked for it: If you appreciate what I do and want to compensate me for the countless hours that I have spent building this character sheet feel free to support me on Patreon or Paypal ( <a href="mailto:mlenser@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">mlenser@gmail.com</a> ). Thanks so much for your support. This Patreon campaign is not affiliated with Roll20; as such, contributions are voluntary and Roll20 cannot provide support or refunds for contributions.

Edited 1476216656
I noticed a weird thing with item descriptions. Whenever you place a number between text it is automatically formatted as an inline roll as soon as you click outside of the text window. The only way I found to get around this was to add some other markdown to the number (bold, italic). Is this by design? Cause I found it pretty annoying. Continuing from the last post. By item descriptions I mean the Equipment freetext field. If I type "text 3 text" for example, it turns into "text [[3]] text" when I click outside of the textbox. Edit: Grabbing a bite now, will post a bit later with screenshots.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ah, that's purposeful so numbers can easily be found for things like duration of torches, amount of healing given on a healing potion, etc. Can you give me a scenario where you don't want it? A screenshot would help.
So I can "safely" update my Shaped 6.1.1 I am using from the drop down when I made the campaign for my characters to this new 6.5.1 using your update steps? &nbsp;(I have four existing level 3 characters -- when you said create "custom" in your steps -- I wasn't then sure how this will be sure to update my current character sheets) --- maybe I am overthinking or complicating this and should just wait for 6.5.1 to be pushed to Roll 20 -- it will update current "Shaped" sheets in use right?
Just a note, your sample pictures at the top no longer reflect the updates/changes to the character sheet page. &nbsp;Such as showing the Reduced Max hp heart, or the Warlock Spell Slots column.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Jason: 6.5.1 was pushed by roll20 so if you are using the default version of the sheet it'll be up to date. @Airatome: thanks for the reminder. I'll have to update it.
Quick question for the macro masters. Our Warlock has a special version of shillelagh as a cantrip which I have added under her weapon attacks. She also has the green flame blade cantrip. The two are always used together. What I'd like is when the shillealagh attack (not spell) is activated to have a button to fire off the green flame blade spell. Is that possible? Example: <a href="http://screencast.com/t/VhD64r3kSu" rel="nofollow">http://screencast.com/t/VhD64r3kSu</a>

Edited 1476220098
What I wanted to do was add the full description of a magic item for reference. So when I click on the item I want the information, not the actual rolls like when I'm using a healing potion. So in this example I want to see what the dice for the extra damage and recharging are, not actually roll them. Also it's weird that the static numbers are displayed as rolls. This is how it looks after I use bold to stop the auto-conversion. Punctuation also works, like the "d20" and the "1" at the last paragraph. Don't get me wrong, having the ability to add inline rolls to the equipment descriptions is super useful. But I don't see a reason to automate it like that, especially when this behavior isn't encountered anywhere else in the sheet.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@TheWebCoder follow the instructions here:&nbsp; <a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yPcIZ_bIc3JlnW" rel="nofollow">https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yPcIZ_bIc3JlnW</a>... It'll look something like: {{text_center=[Green Flame Blade](~NAME|repeating_spell_ID_spell)}} replace NAME and ID as documented there.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
6.6.0 (2016-10-11) Features Added a new setting to allow people to edit the weight per coin (relevant for the below) Added a setting to choose which weight system to use (Pounds or Kilograms) upon changing: the weight per coin will change from .02 to .00907. &nbsp;It can be customizeded, but will always change when the weight system changes Carrying Capacity multiplier will change from 15 to 6.804. &nbsp;It can be customized, but will always change when the weight system changes Max Push Drag Life multiplier will change from 30 to 13.608. It can be customized, but will always change when the weight system changes Encumbered multiplier will change from 5 to 2.268. It can be customized, but will always change when the weight system changes Heavily Encumbered multiplier will change from 10 to 4.536. It can be customized, but will always change when the weight system changes Weight of Armor, Equipment, and Attacks will convert. They will locally store the current system and convert back and forth (with some mediocre rounding currently) This will also work when dragging in items from the SRD. For example Plate armor dragged in while weight is set to kilograms will result in the weight being converted to kilos. I plan to potentially do this for feet distances as well, but that one is a bit trickier. I hope to fix the rounding issues, but javascript and rounding don't get along so I'm not 100% sure how much I can fix here.

Edited 1476224146
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Athleon: Parsing is done with the following 2 items and similar items in mind: In potion of healing's case the user definitely wants it to roll when they click the item. In torch's case wrapping the numbers in inline rolls makes those numbers more prominent - making it easier to quickly pick out how long it lasts or how far the radius goes. The idea of an item is when you click it you're actually using it. Clicking an item isn't meant to generically show it's stats - I'm not sure quite what value that has, though perhaps I'm missing a scenario. Your scenario's item would only be used to cast the spells. Therefore I'd reduce the output description to only include that part. (The output and sheet descriptions are different fields so they can be edited accordingly). In which case we're only looking at the 3rd paragraph and the 3rd paragraph is parsed in a totally usable way - with normal formatting except around the 10 charges. And 10 charges being rolled inline to be more prominent makes complete sense in this case. To add on to that I'd make 10 the uses and replace it with @{uses} in the output part.
Maybe they just want the info posted to chat without having to open the PHB?

Edited 1476225357
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That is not what clicking items is intended to do and the sheet can't support both at the same time. Shortly we'll be in a similar situation with spells and auto usage. Clicking is for using.
Fair enough. I guess that's what SRD is for also.
So I noticed one bit of odd behavior that I am thinking is not intended (but I could be wrong). I have a player who is a Barbarian that can ritually cast Beast Sense. &nbsp;He also has a weapon that allows him to cast Shatter 3/day and Dominate Earth Elemental 1/day. &nbsp;So I added these abilities to his spell sheet. &nbsp;Previously though because he was only a Barbarian with no casting levels, this section simply didn't appear. &nbsp;Now I see the following:

Edited 1476230469
Kevin said: So I noticed one bit of odd behavior that I am thinking is not intended (but I could be wrong). I have a player who is a Barbarian that can ritually cast Beast Sense. &nbsp;He also has a weapon that allows him to cast Shatter 3/day and Dominate Earth Elemental 1/day. &nbsp;So I added these abilities to his spell sheet. &nbsp;Previously though because he was only a Barbarian with no casting levels, this section simply didn't appear. &nbsp;Now I see the following: Yes, I do not know what causes this behavior like Kryx does, but it seems intentional. The character sheet tracks the spell levels for any spells you code in the 'Spellbook' tab. So the core page knows the he has access 2nd and 8th level spells because you put them in the spellbook, but he does not have any spell slots with which to cast them because he is not a spellcasting class. In actuality these are spells from items or abilities but the character sheet does not know and can not tell the difference.
Airatome said: Yes, I do not know what causes this behavior like Kryx does, but it seems intentional. The character sheet tracks the spell levels for any spells you code in the 'Spellbook' tab. So the core page knows the he has access 2nd and 8th level spells because you put them in the spellbook, but he does not have any spell slots with which to cast them because he is not a spellcasting class. In actuality these are spells from items or abilities but the character sheet does not know and can not tell the difference. I do understand where the behaviour comes from, I just question if it is the correct behavior. &nbsp;This section seems to be for tracking spell slots, shouldn't it display only the spell slots that you actually have available regardless of what is in your spellbook?

Edited 1476238812
I'm not too sure about the new spell slot display on the Core tab; the text fields seem to have lost their up/down arrows.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kevin, that is unintended. I should trigger that only if you have more than 0 maximum slots of that level. I'll have to make two toggles for each spell level - one for the spells filter part so you can still filter for just that level and one for showing the slots. @Aiden: The spell slots on core are meant to be a quick overview. If you want to edit them you can click in the area (on the input) and use the up or down key.
Is there any way to calculate bag of holding weight limits whilst in a character's inventory. &nbsp;Let's say bag of holding always weighs x amount but can carry up to 500lbs....I know I can write in the bag's inventory and it has a weight, but does that weight inside the bag have a total that can be seen or is up to characters to manually add it up?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can deselect items that you have in other containers and their weight won't contribute to your overall weight. I have an issue to potentially create containers, but I'm not sure I ever will.&nbsp;<a href="https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets/issues/110" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets/issues/110</a>
Ok, thank you Kryx
Perhaps one of you could help me. I've got the latest version of the sheet pushed out by roll20. However for some reason it's not letting me import spells frim the comendium. Any suggestions? I'm just doing a simple drag and drop with no luck.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Make sure you're in edit mode (click the pencil)
Yup I made sure to be and nothing. Windows aren't popped out either. Thanks for the fast reply. To describe it I drag and drop the spell name into the spell title field and nothing occurs.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Can you take a video? An extension should help if you haven't done it before
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Design question: I'm highly considering moving the spells to the core page. 2 reasons: Spells are used commonly. Switching pages to use them is an annoying experience It would more closely align with the paper sheet. I'd keep filtering and decide how spell slots would look after moving it. Any thoughts? Any reasons why I shouldn't?

Edited 1476458875
Kryx said: Design question: I'm highly considering moving the spells to the core page. 2 reasons: Spells are used commonly. Switching pages to use them is an annoying experience It would more closely align with the paper sheet. I'd keep filtering and decide how spell slots would look after moving it. Any thoughts? Any reasons why I shouldn't? I think it would LARGELY depend on how 'cluttered' adding spells to the core page would look. &nbsp;In the case of a Paladin or Cleric, for example, who know their ENTIRE spell list and only have to switch up which of those spells they prepare each day.... is quite a lot of spells. &nbsp;Or a Wizard, who starts with 3 cantrips and 6 spells from level 1 and gains 2 spells EVERY level there after. Having a 'Spellbook' page, where you can see your spells at a glance both sorted by Spell level and if they are prepared or not is very handy, easy on the eyes, and organized. &nbsp;It really does not take that much effort to tab over to the 'Spellbook' tab and cast a spell. How would this be implemented? &nbsp;What would it look like, where would all of these spells appear on the core page, an extension of the bottom part where we could just scroll down and everything from the Spellbook tab is still functional down below?
Kryx said: Design question: I'm highly considering moving the spells to the core page. 2 reasons: Spells are used commonly. Switching pages to use them is an annoying experience It would more closely align with the paper sheet. I'd keep filtering and decide how spell slots would look after moving it. Any thoughts? Any reasons why I shouldn't? The only thing I would like is the old vertical look of spells on the front page with the alternating color rows as that felt to fit 5e design much more and was easier to read than what is there now. Both 5e design matching looks and readability went down with the change. Other than that, having the ability to click spell slots for the output is enough as that is pretty much all that is on the paper sheet, the more detailed list for spells on the paper sheet is on the third page not the main page. Adding spells to the main page would either put way too much on the core page making you have to scroll needlessly (more annoying than just switching tabs) to find what you want especially in edit mode, or compact things ways too much. Having the separate tab make is much easier to manage spells and read them as even a high level spellcaster with the spell tab will have to scroll with enough spells, on the main page this becomes even worse to the point that most would just use the spell slots macro which can already be done. So I think it would fits 5e paper sheet less than it currently does (only basic info is on core, like basic attack spells only), would cause too much clutter, and would make managing spells more of a hassle as you have information not needed when looking at spells.

Edited 1476459485
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I think you're both misunderstanding. I'll put together a screenshot to show what I mean and explain further.
If you mean adding the ability to put your most-used attack spells on the core page (and still maintain a spell page) then yeah. That would be in keeping with the paper sheet. The paper sheet has a spells page. It would also be similar to the equipment as you have it set up I think. I can't possibly imagine you'd get rid of the spell page and stuff everything in core but I guess we'll have to see what you're up to. You could just put the spell chat macro on core page for easier access than from the gear tab.
Hello, I was hoping in your next release you add an option to whisper skill checks to the GM? &nbsp;Similar to what you have for Hit Dice and Death Saves in the sheet output section on the cog tab.
Kryx said: Design question: I'm highly considering moving the spells to the core page. 2 reasons: Spells are used commonly. Switching pages to use them is an annoying experience It would more closely align with the paper sheet. I'd keep filtering and decide how spell slots would look after moving it. Any thoughts? Any reasons why I shouldn't? Adding them as small rows similar to Equipment would be quite nice I think. :)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
6.7.0 (2016-10-14) Features Spell slots on the core page revamped to what it was before. The same box will share warlock slots and spell points if those are turned on. Not 100% happy on the formatting, but it's easier to read. Spells added to the core page. Same filtering and everything Armor on the core page now have a toggle to expand it in edit mode to modify the details. Additionally unarmored can be edited in the same area on the core page in edit mode. Equipment on the core page now has a toggle to expand it in edit mode to modify the details. Equipment has a quick toggle which will show only the items marked as quick. Weight and Carrying Capacity moved to the core page and combined with coins Equipment page has been removed. Removed spell slots from the "Character" page. Added a second misc notes on the&nbsp;"Character" page. Classes editing moved to the header when in edit mode. The message reflects this change Hopefully Roll20's adjustments will prevent any lag as a result of having spells in 2 places. Removing the other duplicates like armor and equipment will help, but spells are huge. Let me know if you experience any issues and I can debug.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Michael S. said: Hello, I was hoping in your next release you add an option to whisper skill checks to the GM? &nbsp;Similar to what you have for Hit Dice and Death Saves in the sheet output section on the cog tab. You can hide the result of ability checks via the "hide system". What you're asking for here is a similar system, but for outputs. I'm not sure the full value here... Can you elaborate on why you want this? I presume it's so PCs don't see the result of the check, but they will when it is whispered to you. The only way to stop them seeing the result is the hacky way mentioned above.
I'm looking over the recent changes with a friend of mine, and we've got some thoughts on the changes. The spells on the core page don't actually bother me. When you condense them, they become very compact, and aren't really in the way of getting to your equipment. To be fair, I'm not playing a cleric or wizard, but it works fine for my characters, especially with the filtering. Armour being on core is fine. I didn't use the armour part of the equipment page for anything but setting it up, anyway, so it was a one-and-done kind of thing. No objections from either me or my friend. Equipment being moved to core entirely seems fine so far. We haven't played a session with this version of the sheet, but it looks just fine. The quick toggle button is very nice to have. Adding the second misc notes is not something I thought about at all, but I actually prefer the look of two separate boxes instead of one massive box. Classes editing at the top seems like a very sensible idea. It's nice to have it available on all pages. One thing, though: On the core page, everything seems to have a fixed width. This looks very weird if you've adjusted the width of the window, and is actually a little too narrow for the standard window size. It would be nice if some of the boxes would scale in width to fit the page. The ones I can see being a problem is the ones at the top of the middle column, but you could get around that by just scaling the padding between each element. The entire right column looks like it would scale fine, with no changes. The left column could be tricky, but it might be an option to have the ability scores stay a fixed width and scale the width of everything else, or you could simply not scale this column.

Edited 1476495356
Kryx said: Michael S. said: Hello, I was hoping in your next release you add an option to whisper skill checks to the GM? &nbsp;Similar to what you have for Hit Dice and Death Saves in the sheet output section on the cog tab. You can hide the result of ability checks via the "hide system". What you're asking for here is a similar system, but for outputs. I'm not sure the full value here... Can you elaborate on why you want this? I presume it's so PCs don't see the result of the check, but they will when it is whispered to you. The only way to stop them seeing the result is the hacky way mentioned above. When some of the players in my campaign roll a skill check like stealth and they roll low they sometimes media game. &nbsp;I would like to make it so I am the only person that sees their skill roles. &nbsp;I have tried using the hide&nbsp;ability checks but that seems to only hide when someone checks an ability score not a skill (clicking on Dex is hidden but not when they click on Stealth). &nbsp;Also, only the person rolling the ability check can see the result. &nbsp; Regarding your spell on the first page great idea. &nbsp;I would suggest you keep the spell page for all of the detail and just have a list of the spells like you do with equipment or armor. &nbsp;
When some of the players in my campaign roll a skill check like stealth and they roll low they sometimes media(Meta) game. I would like to make it so I am the only person that sees their skill roles. I have tried using the hide ability checks but that seems to only hide when someone checks an ability score not a skill (clicking on Dex is hidden but not when they click on Stealth). Also, only the person rolling the ability check can see the result. Regarding your spell on the first page great idea. I would suggest you keep the spell page for all of the detail and just have a list of the spells like you do with equipment or armor. There is a way to do this on the character sheet. Just change whisper outs to GM temporarily. I'll be honest, if your players are meta gaming you have bigger issues. You should probably just tell them to not meta game.&nbsp;
Kryx said: 6.7.0 (2016-10-14) Features Spell slots on the core page revamped to what it was before. The same box will share warlock slots and spell points if those are turned on. Not 100% happy on the formatting, but it's easier to read. Spells added to the core page. Same filtering and everything Armor on the core page now have a toggle to expand it in edit mode to modify the details. Additionally unarmored can be edited in the same area on the core page in edit mode. Equipment on the core page now has a toggle to expand it in edit mode to modify the details. Equipment has a quick toggle which will show only the items marked as quick. Weight and Carrying Capacity moved to the core page and combined with coins Equipment page has been removed. Removed spell slots from the "Character" page. Added a second misc notes on the&nbsp;"Character" page. Classes editing moved to the header when in edit mode. The message reflects this change Hopefully Roll20's adjustments will prevent any lag as a result of having spells in 2 places. Removing the other duplicates like armor and equipment will help, but spells are huge. Let me know if you experience any issues and I can debug. I like this new page alot. It does make it easier on glance for info. Hopefully large amount of fields dont mess the sheet up. Though I feel spells text on the core page could be of a smaller font and perhaps just have lvl next to their names to help identify them by a glance what level and slots they are using?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
alexander h. said: One thing, though: On the core page, everything seems to have a fixed width. This looks very weird if you've adjusted the width of the window, and is actually a little too narrow for the standard window size. It would be nice if some of the boxes would scale in width to fit the page. The ones I can see being a problem is the ones at the top of the middle column, but you could get around that by just scaling the padding between each element. The entire right column looks like it would scale fine, with no changes. The left column could be tricky, but it might be an option to have the ability scores stay a fixed width and scale the width of everything else, or you could simply not scale this column. I addressed this topic here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4060851/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4060851/</a> Or to quote it: So I have 2 options: Always try to fit the full width Try to set a reasonable width for a section so it can collapse easier for smaller widths Right now I'm leaning a bit more toward #2 as it results in a character sheet that takes up less space. Less space is a worthy goal as we all want to see the game board. I asked Roll20 if there is anything I can do about the default width: Character sheets: Set default width Core and NPC are already adapting pretty well to smaller Widths. Spells do ok. I expect all pages to become more responsive as I spend more time on them. That may come at the cost of being full width at the default width, but that cost is acceptable for a smaller character sheet. My goal is to provide a sheet that doesn't require large widths. Therefore I'm transitioning most everything to only take up as much room as it needs to. You can see the great results of this if you reduce the width of the NPC sheet for example - it has a great 1 column behavior now. OGL has the same fixed width behavior with the character sheet window being bigger than the character sheet. I wish roll20 would allow us sheet creators to have some input on how wide that window is.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Michael S. said: When some of the players in my campaign roll a skill check like stealth and they roll low they sometimes media game. &nbsp;I would like to make it so I am the only person that sees their skill roles. &nbsp;I have tried using the hide&nbsp;ability checks but that seems to only hide when someone checks an ability score not a skill (clicking on Dex is hidden but not when they click on Stealth). &nbsp;Also, only the person rolling the ability check can see the result. &nbsp; Having it whispered to the GM does not solve this use case as the player who rolled would see the result. I fixed skill outputs so they are hidden if you have the "Hide Ability Checks" checked. So if you update that's solved.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: I like this new page alot. It does make it easier on glance for info. Hopefully large amount of fields dont mess the sheet up. Though I feel spells text on the core page could be of a smaller font and perhaps just have lvl next to their names to help identify them by a glance what level and slots they are using? Thanks for the nice feedback! The sheet has changed a lot over time and this is an update as a result of those changes. When I first designed it there was no edit mode. But now that we have that we can have expand toggles to allow us to store details below which means we no longer need extra pages for the details! :) Regarding Spell formatting on the core page: I discussed this with Kevin for a bit and it's a tricky issue. Spells can be expanded so as long as that remains the spell name needs to maintain their formatting. We could potentially decide that spells can't be expanded on the core page and then remove all the details, but that depends on what happens with the spell page.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
6.7.1 (2016-10-15) Bug Fixes Resized a lot of areas to no longer use percentage widths. Should look the same as before in nearly all cases. Let me know if you see anything out of sorts.
I showed my group the new sheets, most liked the changes for the equipment, character and general reorganization. &nbsp;Several of my players thought that having all of the spells on the front page was too much. &nbsp;Several requested if there was some way (which may not be possible) to have some sort of per spell toggle in the spellbook to show specific spells on the spellbook section on the core page. &nbsp; One player in particular didn't like the spellbook on the core page and asked if there was a way to have a toggle for that section so that it wouldn't show on his sheet (again, not sure if it's possible or not).
As I mentioned....taking an ENTIRE section...an entire (sometimes massive) list and relocating it to the core page, when one could use very minor effort to hit one tab at the top of the core page and go right there to the Spell page, is going to be tricky. That being said...if there were a way to use toggle boxes to CHOOSE which spells show up on the core page... OR have the list that shows up on the core page separate from the Spellbook page so that, as needed, we could delete or add to it without affecting the Spellbook page. (Example: Spell page has 4 spells plus Shield and Magic Missile. I NEVER use those 4 spells except out of combat. I delete them from Core without deleting them from Spellbook) Then that would be great.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's not tricky. It's there already. The spells are setup to be in 1 column and work perfectly fine. It was actually designed originally to fit on the core page, but was moved off due to technical problems that now seem resolved. Filtering works as normal. Spells are one repeating section and the list is the same. I may set it up to have different filtering or perhaps some kind of quick one like equipment does or perhaps no expansion at all. We'll see. You're welcome to join the test campaign:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/1206379/qP-T_Q" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/1206379/qP-T_Q</a> and see for yourself.
Nice Kryx. I am not a pro user so I went into your game to play around with the new format. I noticed that when I tried to filter the core page spells by level or by reaction/action/bonus, the deep red highlight was not sticking. I am not sure whether this is as intended or not but it does make it hard to comprehend what is being shown. best, H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ya, definitely a bug on level and action type. Because they're radios... hmm I'll have to experiment.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ok so the filtering is actually working, but I think because there are 2 radios (one on the core page and one on the spells page) roll20 is then selecting the last one in the list which causes the core page one not to be selected. I'll probably just name them differently so the filtering is different on the core page.
Took a peek in your test game, and my initial thought was: what if you added the spells (and moved the spell slots) to a 4th column next to traits? In conjunction, make all 4 columns equally wide so that they fit nicely in a 2x2 format when you condense the width of the window.
Kryx said: It's not tricky. It's there already. The spells are setup to be in 1 column and work perfectly fine. It was actually designed originally to fit on the core page, but was moved off due to technical problems that now seem resolved. Filtering works as normal. Spells are one repeating section and the list is the same. I may set it up to have different filtering or perhaps some kind of quick one like equipment does or perhaps no expansion at all. We'll see. You're welcome to join the test campaign:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/1206379/qP-T_Q" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/1206379/qP-T_Q</a> and see for yourself. I apologize, when I say 'Tricky' I meant..... some people are going to love it, some are going to want it back to the way it was. &nbsp;I admire your work no matter what kind of effort you put in to it....and I am sure all of your effort has reasons behind it. &nbsp;Requests or feedback from your fans and supporters. &nbsp;I just think that will have very heavy feedback in both courts (for and against).