Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

A specific request for those of you who submit work to the marketplace or are considering doing so

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post in, but it seemed like the closest fit. I've been searching both the internet and the Roll20 Marketplace for assets to use in my Pokemon Tabletop Adventures game, and there seems to be one thing that I cannot find, either due to it not being popular enough or due to nobody thinking to create it; modern indoor maps, by which I mean not future/scifi themed. Every map that could conceivably be used as an indoor dungeon, or even the interior of a building, is either clearly high fantasy or clearly futuristic. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough, though.
Andy Gerding
Marketplace Creator
After finishing my latest map pack for the marketplace, I was debating on what direction to head for my next pack. One of my thoughts was actually to dive into a more modern time frame, or something for the war gamer crowd. What would you hope to see in a map pack for your tabletop game? What type of location would you get the most out of? Would anyone else be interested in a more modern map pack? What sort of locations would others like to see?
Modern workplaces such as office buildings, labs, power plants, etc. I have plenty of cities, but I can't show the interior of any buildings.

Edited 1382318256
As a shadowrun GM my biggest wish is an actual decent library of both home and office stuff as well as decent floorplans for the same. And roads! For the love of god, grungy roads.
+1 on this I think. (I say as someone who creates his own content... lazy me?)
I, too, have been looking for this sort of stuff. I wanted warehouses, factories, that sort of thing. I can't even find a decent wall piece to make my own maps. :(
I have to agree with all of the above mentioned ... I also have a hard time trying to do anything in the modern time frame.
So, just had a creative spurt and made a floor plan of a factory (or a garage, or a power-station, whatever) without any objects placed. It's freely available here , along with a few other free pieces I've made. If there's enough interest in these plans I wouldn't be averse to making a few more, for apartments and so on, if not I will continue on with just making random things as I myself need them.
That looks great, Asaram.
I agree, modern period maps and tokens are sorely missing. I'm gearing up to run a deadlands nior game and having a heck of a time finding anything appropriate.

Edited 1382478888
Well, added two versions of an apartment (still no objects, just a floorplan) and made several different versions of the factory. All available from the link above, under floorplans. We'll see if I get to making any tokens and/or objects.
Well, I spent thirty minutes making a set of simple pipes and hatches. (one of each, four different colours) They're not great stuff, but they're something, both found on the link above. If anyone want anything else just make a request and I'll see what I'm willing to put work into.
Andy Gerding
Marketplace Creator
I like the direction you guys are thinking. If you guys are interested I can totally make a full modular map pack, that would let you create tons ,if not infinite, map layouts. Just like my Inns and Taverns pack. I did also notice a request on facebook for more SciFi stuff, perhaps a mixture of both? If I make a pack there will be absolutely be grungy roads.