Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Call of Cthulhu] Query Macro Help

Using the Call of Cthulhu 7e sheets I made a custom skill that needs to have the ability raise and lower depending on rolls. I already have it figured out for character sheets but when making enemy sheets I cannot link the skill to the token because it will lower/raise the skill for all duplicate tokens since they are linked. I already have a simplified system in place but I would prefer it to not have to do mental math for each token. so, my idea is to make a query macro that allows me to choose a number between 1 and 100 to create a dice roll off the number selected. i.e. selecting 39 would roll a d39 Bonus Point: If you know the CoC system you would know how skill checks are made so if you could help me incorporate that into the macro so that the value and rolled section would have the query macro, I would be eternally grateful.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I don't know CoC, but your first question is pretty straightforward: [[1d[[?{LEVEL|20}]] ]] Will default to level 20 (you can change this default as you see fit) Can you give a little more detail on how skill checks are made?

Edited 1476737292
Scott,  Wow that was pretty straightforward, thank you! Well, CoC works with percentile dice which with your solution works flawlessly with but their templates have three rolls. First roll: Standard roll, so a d100 would roll like a d100 Second roll: Hard difficulty roll, so a d100 would roll as d100/2 which essentially turns it into a d50 Third roll: Extreme difficulty roll, so a d100 would roll as d100/5 which essentially turns it into a d20 So, I guess my question would be if you can implement that division into the query macro? A follow up question would be whether a single query selection could be pulled into multiple rolls. If I select 39 then it would give that input to not only the first roll but the second and so on. I'm asking a lot and I'm realizing where I can simplify things, so if there is no easy way to do it I'll manage.

Edited 1476738728
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
sure, try either of these, I know the second one will work, but the first is closer to roll query best practice (leave anything that is part of all options out of the query if possible): [[1d100?{Difficulty|Standard, |Hard,/2|Extreme,/5}]] or [[?{Difficulty|Standard,1d100|Hard,1d100/2|Extreme,1d100/5}]] Check out the Dice reference wiki for info on Roll Queries, and dice operations:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference</a> EDIT: While those will work, thinking about it, you may actually need to go with a modified version of the second one: [[?{Difficulty|Standard,1d100|Hard,floor(1d100/2)|Extreme,floor(1d100/5)}]] This will round the result of the division down to the nearest integer. You can replace floor with ceil if CoC rounds up on decimals.