Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rotating Madness!

Ok, so I've created my own map for The Lost City in Gimp, and on Tier 3, there's this little central rotating corridor.  It looks like this: I've made the central part a separate overlay that locks with the grid on and rotates, thusly: What I want to know is: how do I use Dynamic Lighting in a setup like this, so that the DL lines follow with the central circle as it rotates?  I'm assuming there's a script for this, but I don't know what it would be.  EDIT:  Also, it would be really cool if any tokens that were in the corridor while it rotated would move with it, but that may be reaching a little.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
That second part is touching on an inertial frame of reference script I have on the back burner to support riding large things like ships/wagons/tanks... &nbsp;But it's not much more than a POC currently. For the dynamic lighting, try Lucian's Dynamic Light Recorder:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/2985633/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/2985633/</a>
I followed that thread to this thread then to this Github link , which gave me a 404 error.&nbsp; Is the script not available anymore? EDIT: Weird.&nbsp; When I clicked the link in the thread, I got the 404 message, but when I tested the link in this message, it took me to the script.&nbsp; What's that all about?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
There was an error in the URL for the link. Probably Lucian had it in a branch, then moved it to master and edited the URL on the message, but not the link's URL. I fixed it for him. :)
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Click the GIF above for animation... I think I have what you need for moving the paths with an image and the rotation (Aaron helped me with animated the rotation months and months ago.) Just need to dig it up.
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
<a href="https://gist.github.com/BaldarSilveraxe/4f42ddb265813cced97440d8805dd6e5" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/BaldarSilveraxe/4f42ddb265813cced97440d8805dd6e5</a>
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Most of what you need.... you should be able to reach the sample images from the URLs in th code. Just drop them on a map with the script installed.
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Oooh, that's really nice, Stephen... (can't believe I'm saying that... TO YOU!!! &nbsp;=D )
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The Aaron said: Oooh, that's really nice, Stephen... (can't believe I'm saying that... TO YOU!!! &nbsp;=D ) Douglas helped me with the good parts.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I thought you said there were no good parts stephen ;)
I actually got it to work with Lucian's script - what's different about yours, Stephen?

Edited 1477009138
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Paths are hard coded into a script would be the major thing. Edit: Added automation for rotating the door (doorSpinner function.)
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The Aaron said: That second part is touching on an inertial frame of reference script I have on the back burner to support riding large things like ships/wagons/tanks... &nbsp;But it's not much more than a POC currently. So&nbsp;Lucian's and that rotation part I added to the script I shared should do everything but that part Aaron touched on. Rotation of paths work well because the remove/redraw is so fast... "tokens" riding has that millisecond movement issue.
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I have a couple of sets of dungeon tiles I created for the Marketplace. I am wondering if there is a way to make them work with a dynamic lighting script.&nbsp; The room tiles have no openings or doors. The passages and doors snap over any wall to create an opening in any place you would like. Dungeon Versa Tiles Is it possible to do without predetermined room opening?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
It could be done.&nbsp;
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
The Aaron said: It could be done.&nbsp; Thanks man. That is all I needed to hear to get started.&nbsp;