Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro actions before dice query

I did a quick search and didn't find this topic, but I didn't really try all that hard, so apologies if this has been explain already.   I wanted to write the following macro,  Light-Revolver /w gm I have -2 penalty if more than 70 yards away and -4 if greater than 140 yards away. /w gm The targets defense doesn't apply unless we are within close combat distance. [[(@{selected|dex} + @{selected|Firearms} + ?{Modifier|3})d10!10>8]] The idea was to remind the user of range penalties before having to fill in the dice query, and he/she could then apply those penalties to the default modifier of 3 as needed, but the whispers aren't sent until after the dice query is complete.  I tried pulling the last line into a new macro called "Light-Revolver-Damage" and calling that as the third line in the above macro, but that didn't get the job done either.  Is this even possible, and if so, how?  My guess is that it's not possible, but wanted to get confirmation. Thanks.

Edited 1476916611
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
how about this: /w gm I have -2 penalty if more than 70 yards away and -4 if greater than 140 yards away. Included in Calculation. /w gm The targets defense doesn't apply unless we are within close combat distance. [[(@{selected|dex} + @{selected|Firearms} - [[{floor(?{Distance|70}/70)*2,2}kl1]] + ?{Other Modifiers|3})d10!10>8]] will automatically apply the proper penalty based on the distance.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
No, but you can cheat. Try this: /w gm ?{I have -2 penalty if more than 70 yards away and -4 if greater than 140 yards away.||}  /w gm ?{The targets defense doesn't apply unless we are within close combat distance.||} [[(@{selected|dex} + @{selected|Firearms} + ?{Modifier|3})d10!10>8]]
Thanks The Aaron.  I liked your answer.  I went with something similar to this.